View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
UK_Bridge
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
AB-successful???

it has been touched on in other threads but i thought i would write my opinion on how i think AB have done so far....

so how can you measure success of a new band? 4 grammys, 7 MTV awards or making a cracking album.

there are so many ways to measure success of a band but i truly believe AB
have been very successful since they formed.... us fans seem to forget i think that AB are still a very very young/new band in the music world and if they were to take the path of many other new bands right now they would be touring local venues and maybe thinking about putting a few tracks together for an EP. instead they have a very popular debut album.

but what have AB done: been on 2 hit movie soundtracks, produced a gold debut album, are nominated for "Best Album" in classic rock magazine and played at the legendary Donington Park on the mainstage.... very few new bands grace the main stage on their first time at the venue. and claimed to be one of the best live acts to see in 2005 by KERRANG! magazine.

lets break that down even more, been nominated for "Best Album" by classic rock magazine whilst still being a relatively unknown band in the UK thats a feat in itself.

many rock sites i go on and read many reviews of their album and performances and 95% of them are raving about AB thats not becuase 3/4 of the band are famous for being in another great band but have got these reviews by working hard and producing great tracks unlike say Velvet Revolver who lets face it are only hyped up so much coz of the GnR connection.

anyway enough of my babbling on but IMHO Alterbridge have done extremely well in their first couple of years and can only grow to be stronger, if you ask me the pressure is really on Mr Stapp to produce a cracking album otherwise the media vultures will be out for him.

would love to hear your veiws.