View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Bush ordering up to 6,000 in Guard to border

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) do you think he's doing it just to raise the poll figures, cause from what I understand, he didn't do much to stop it as governor for Texas either.

I don't care if he's doing it to raise the poll numbers, at least he's doing something that other presidents didn't care to tackle. I was just having a tour of the Mexican-American border down here in San Diego and the Border Patrol agent that was giving the tour said people from about 70 different countries last year were apprehended as they were trying to illegally cross the border. That included people from all parts of the world... hell, there was even an Englishmen. This isn't a race issue, it's a security issue. The two agents that were doing the tour were both non-white. One was Filipino, and the other was actually born in Tijuana, Mexico and moved to San Diego as a child.

I have lived on the border my entire life... and let me tell you, we need security and some sort of military presence down there. There are armed drug smugglers down there everyday, I'm sure... as well as prospective terrorists.

The second Mexico wants to label the U.S. as being discriminatory, all they have to do is take a look at how they treat Guatamalans and Mexicans of darker complexion.