View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: My Top Five Favorite Albums of All Time

I like AB III as well, even better, I think, than the first two releases. Full Circle is OK, but I'm still a much bigger fan of MOP and HC. To be honest, it's been a while since I listened to FC. I can't speak to the other albums, as I've not heard them. It's always hard to pick a top 5 or 10 of anything, but I'll contribute my 5 that I can play over and over and never tire of them.

Fear of a Blank Planet -- Porcupine Tree. This is the album that got me into this phenomenal band. I became quite obsessed with them and the obsession hasn't let up. It's been going on for five years now .

Year Zero -- Nine Inch Nails. I adore almost everything Trent Reznor has ever done, but this album really hit me, partly because of the music and partly because of its theme. It really spoke to me and it was good to see Trent look outside himself for a change.

Degradation Trip Vols. 1 and 2. I'm a major Alice In Chains fan, and this solo effort from Jerry Cantrell completely blew me away. It never left my CD player for more than a year. I had copies for the car, the home and the portable. It's 25 songs of sorrow, hope and a little humor with classic Cantrell riffs and harmonies. Haunting album. It's probably in my top 10 all-time albums.

Lateralus/Aenima -- Tool. Ok, so it's two albums, but man, these never get boring. Both albums are journeys unto themselves, Lateralus even more so. Dunno if any of you remember Jango from these parts, but he's the one who got me into Tool, and they quickly entered my top 10 favorite bands. Thank you, Jango .

Master of Puppets -- Metallica...'nuf said.