Thread: Yankees
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 11:03 PM   #36
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) I'm glad Boston's beaten 'em in the first 2... but it's still a long season
I hope the Cubs fuck up royally (naturally, b/c I'm a Cards' fan). In the NL, I'd say, at this point, Florida and Houston are the most likely contenders (the Cubs are just average without Mark Prior right now). Philly has a good team, but they've almost started off too slow. Looks like the Cards might be able to pack enough firepower each game to overcome their relatively weak pitching staff (relative to the Chubs and 'stros, that is). Let's hope MattyMo, Woody, and Co. come through this year!

The Cubs (NL Central winners) are great with or without Prior. They still have a great rotation and awesome hitting lineup. The Cards have really weak pitching. Jason Isringhausen is off to a slow start. I doubt the Cards will make the playoffs. The Phillies (NL East winners) are starting to hit now. Expect them to have a winning streak. Florida are off to a fast start, but they still have weak hitting. They need Pudge! Their starting pitching is all right. Hopefully they can get A.J. Burnett quickly. The Astros look good (NL Wildcard winners), but I am kind of worried about Octavio Dotel.