View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #17
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route.

What a great review Smilin......You should do that as a living...
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020