View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #217
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by souldancer) (speechless...I start to write and words fly out..I erase, re-write, and then I start to feel hate inside from this thread, and I don't like that. So, I start to leave without saying anything (appreciating Dogstar's words and a few others though) and feel that is wrong too.
So, here is a question. What if you find out you have a gay child or relative. Will you still love them?
I believe we each need to stand up for our fellow beings, stand up against hatred and for compassion. I don't need a book or a verse to tell me what is right or wrong/good or bad. I can feel it in my heart - there is an inner Knowing if we get fear out of the way and reach deep enough for Truth.

From souldancer's post to here, I can see compassion. I give her great credit for getting this positive direction going. Thank you so very much souldancer, you are a diplomat for peace and compassion.

Thanks Dogstar, people who condemn others don't just hurt the people that they attack, they hurt everyone that is associated with that person, like you and me. The circle of pain and anguish extend so far, that it doubles back to the original person doing the hurt, and they may not even recognise where it is comming from by the time it goes full circle. Some call it Karma, whatever you call it, it is a resulting effect of how we live our lives and the way we treat others. Maybe our posts have made a little difference in the way people might see how deeply their words can wound? I think your friend is a lucky person to have you in his life.