View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
With Arms Wide Open
Welcome to this place, I'll show you love, I'll show you everything.
Now everything has changed.
I hope he's not like me.
There is so much uncertainty in being a parent, everything changes. Nothing in your life is ever the same once you have brought another life into this world. You always worry that you are doing enough, doing the right thing, teaching them the things they need to know, and you always want them to be better than you were and have better than you had. When Scott sang that song on NYE and cried through the whole thing I was so deeply moved. I know I have a hard time sometimes being a good parent, and I'm not touring with the best rock band in the world. You can only do your best and hope that's good enough.

Wash Away Those Years
She whispered softly to tell her story, about how she had been wronged.
Do not hide your tears, they were sent to wash away those years.
I know this decadence is shared by millions REMEMBER YOU'RE NOT ALONE!
I am amazed that this song was written by a man in his early 20's (Scott's age at the time this was written). How can one young man understand the pain that comes with the abuse that takes place behind closed doors of young girls (or boys for that matter)? But he couldn't have nailed it any better if he had tried. It is more commonplace than anyone knows, I'm sure. But to reach out and tell the abused to not keep things locked inside, that it's not good to hide (No reason to hide?), show the emotion (which he did openly on NYE) and that no one is ever alone. There are always people there that can understand one's situation. This is one very very moving song.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.