Thread: Beyblades...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 07:36 PM   #5
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Both of my sons ages 11 and 7 love these things. They are $7 at the local Walmart here in Hershey, PA. The local Walmart had a little problem, though. There was a small store owner who came into the Walmart and bought literally hundreds of these Beyblades and then sold them at his own store for $30 a piece. This man did this at 3 local Walmarts. Now all the Walmarts have to keep the Beyblades and all accessories in the back at layaway and it can only be one Beyblade per person. I had to go to Amazon.com to find a total of 6 Beyblades, 3 for each of my sons, for Christmas. I also got them what they call a Deluxe Launcher. It's a Launcher for the BeyBlade and you can link them with another Deluxe launcher and Beyblade in video form... it has a really small viewing screen on it.

At the local elementary school it is a cult at recess. Boys and girls alike gather at the edge of the basketball court and Battle eachothers Beyblades, trade Beyblades and RipCords and other parts.

They even released a Beyblade video game for Playstation. I bought it for my sons as well.

It is indeed a cult... just like those dang Pokemon and Digimon collectors cards and those cute Beanie Babies. They are all lame if you ask me... but with every passing year there is a new fad... it will fade out sooner or later, and they will be just childhood memories.

Anyone remember Cabbage Patch dolls, Rubix Cubes, Garbage Pail Kids collectors cards/stickers, and Ataris? Can't ya tell I grew up in the 80's? lol 1974 WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR! LOL

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~