Thread: Post for Peace
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 09:32 AM   #141
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I can imagine a world without wars. You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. If this world is to survive, the people must grow. Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure.

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes.

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.