View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 03:25 AM   #1263
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 19th

"Too much responsibility?"

I watched Bruce Almighty (Jim Carrey) last night and thought about this...

Perhaps we give God too much credit for being active in our lives. There are some things He wants us to handle on our own. Christ works inside of us to make us Kingdom people, but we have to make choices on our own. We need to take the things Christ teaches and use them in our relationships, our actions, our lives. God is with us to comfort us when we fail and to celebrate with us when we triumph, but He still allows us to make our own choices. It's not always what we want, but our God is the God of freedom of will. He will not make the world work our way just because we think He should.

Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Psalm 77:9

Bruce: How do you make so many people love you without affecting Free Will?

God: [snorts] Heh, welcome to my world, son. If you come up with an answer to that one, let me know.

Rent this if you get the chance,

Heaven

i never miss a jim C. Movie
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done