View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #31
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Who Would You Like to See Run in 2008?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I always thought it was funny that little Portugal was powerful enough to control massive Brazil. The same with Spain and Britain... little countries were power.

It it interesting... the U.S. as a whole is more liberal than Great Britain. Yet, nevertheless... Britain still has a strong conservative sect. Margaret Thatcher is one. I'm surprised that so many Brazilians are liberal... based on the fact that Brazil is such a Catholic nation.

Lol... How do you know that many barzilians are liberal, Chase??? How?
I am not sure about that...I know a lot of conservative people ...I think we have a image of a liberal country, but isnt the true. And polemic issues like abortion and gay marriage, for example are not allowed here. Maybe being the biggest Catholic nation is the reason of that.

Just an historic note: Portugal was the first State to appear in the (Spain was the second) Modern Age, so portuguese had a lot of points that gave resulted in the pioneer position concerning to the expansionism in sec XV.They had technology, capital,and the religious support. So while Britain, France and Netherlands were involved in disputes, and having also interior problems to solve , the iberians got ahead of the expansionist process. And after that, everything that Portugal needed to do was to impose a strict colonization model: which means exploitation and the consequence of that of course you know...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too