Thread: still waiting
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Lol! Also, keep in mind that record sales doesn't always mean a particular artist is talented. A bunch of talented artists don't sell many records, but that doesn't mean they're not talented. I mean, look at a band like 12 Stones. They've got a good lead singer and a very good, young, guitarist(can't quite shred like Tremonti, but with time he could). In addition to that, they've got a good drummer and good bassist. The lyrics are pretty good in my opinion and they put on a great live show from what I've heard. Yet, in their first week of record sales for their second CD(Potter's Field), they sold roughly 30,000 copies. Meanwhile, an artist who has what a lot of people think is a bad voice(Ashlee), stupid lyrics(just look at the song La La) and has been CAUGHT lipsyncing, sold 400,000 copies in her first week of record sales. Does that make Simpson more talented than 12 Stones? In my opinion, no way. I'm willing to bet a lot of other people would agree with me.

Just because Alter Bridge has not sold as many copies of their first CD as Creed did, that doesn't make them less talented. Imo, they're equal. I say that because Alter Bridge has a great technical singer who has great range. While Alter Bridge doesn't have lyrics as good as the lyrics on MOP(I still prefer Stapp's lyrics), they make up for it in the solos(MOP had some awesome solos, but those on ODR are even better) and great range from the lead singer. Not to mention that the guys are now more seasoned than they were 8 years ago. The fact is, Alter Bridge's style is not as radio friendly as Creed's was. Can you imagine hearing "Metalingus" on a Pop station? It won't happen, imo. That's one of the differences between the two bands and I think that explains the large difference in record sales.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!