View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #46
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote=Jooji_2]I just really don't give a rip anymore. They don't have a name...they don't have a singer....then they do have a name...and they do have a singer...they just can't tell anyone what and who they are....but the music is amazing...trust us. I'm so sick of the term "the new band" I could barf.

When it finally comes out....I'll listen to it. I'm gonna give everything a chance. But, I've listened to this "rumored" singer's voice more than once. With me, I either like it or I don't, and believe me I've tried to like his voice....and this guy.....I don't...sorry.

Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

Wake me up when there is finally something to listen to. [/QUOTE

I just wanted to respond to your last paragraph-- nobody was pushed aside in interviews. Yes, to this point, the guys have been "hush hush" as far as the media goes about the project. Why? Because they have been busting their asses writing and working on this cd for 12 hours a day, almost every day, for the last few months. There has been NO official promotion for this band yet. And yet, you all know quite a bit about the process of what this band has been going through. Why? Because I have chosen to give this info to the die hard Creed fans that take the time to post and read this and other message boards.

Understand that the people who come to these boards, "the die hards", is a minute fraction of the people who would buy a Creed CD. Understand too, that when I post at these boards, I am probably reaching an audience of about 10,000 people. Seven million people bought their last CD, so do you see my point? From a promotional standpoint, if you look at the big picture, what I'm doing could be considered a waste of time. I, however, don't see it that way. I think that, aside from the few people who feel like barfing, most of the people in the communities and boards appreciate the news. It was the fans that made Creed. I think they have a fervent grass roots following that few other bands can match.

Rest assured, when the time comes to begin the REAL promotion on this CD, you will see the guys eveywhere. Talk shows, music channels, tv spots you name it. The reason you all have been getting just snippets of info from me is becuse I don't work for anybody. I'm not getting paid to do this. I have to defer to the label, management, and legal departments with the info I give. I have not officialy named the singer yet because that is wind-ups job to do in the big press push. The band name, which has been chosen recently, I can not divulge for legal reasons. Copyrights and such. This takes time.

Lastly, I want you to know that this rant is not because of this one post but quite a few I have seen at this board and the VH1 board where you take a negative stand towards the promotional techniques of the new band. It almost seems like you try to make a conspiracy out of it. All the things that have happened with the new band so far has been business as usual in the rock world. The only abnormal thing has been me updating you every step of the way. I will continue to do so because, A) I love my brother, B) I truly believe in the music, C) its my way of giving back to the fans who have supported the boys through hell and back.

Michael