Thread: Mr. Kennedy
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 08:52 AM   #39
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) If any of you still have doubts, listen to a song called "Mars Hotel" from M4. Myles goes from low to high ranges with so many different tones so easilly. He's really good.

Mars Hotel is great but I still think "Summergirl" is the best exhibition at least at the higher range. Seems to go so high with so little effort and can hold it there with great control. His control in "Don't Walk Away" is also very good.

I guess we shouldn't compare but lets face it they will come think and fast soon enough. Myles is a completely different kettle of fish to Scott. Scott has that great baritone that has been likened to Vedder, Weiland, Morrison and co, his the man with the golden pen, spirtual lyrics, Jesus Christ Poses and many say a big arrogant streak. Some love him, others hate him much like Creed actually. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Myles is a more all-round talent who is a good guitarist and songwriter both musically and lyrically. He is clearly not the lyrcrist Scott is and doesn't have the stage presence. His voice will competely win you over and working the crowd isn't used so much and probably not needed. Scott Stapp was the major reason for Creed's commercial success IMO. Myles could be Bob Dylan with a voice of an angel and wouldn't be as marketable as Scott is/was.