View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #31
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm a bit late entering the PSU discussion...but I hold a soft spot in my heart for PSU Scott and feel like I should say something. I also have it on DVD and have watched it again and again.
Scott worked his butt off that night battling a dead crowd and excessive equipment problems.
The crowd was awful that night...having been lulled to sleep by the opening act. I had been to 5 shows before PSU and and never seen anything like the audience on that night.
The equipment problem was real...mark's guitars went out at the beginning of Freedom Fighter...the 2nd song of the night. Scott kept things going by talking to the crowd and encouraging Flip to "give us something."
Scott never swore until the middle of What If (and that was the one and ONLY time he used the "f" word)...and that was after singing the whole beginning verse...without mark playing...as his guitar went out again.
When Scott left the stage...BEGGING the crowd to stand up...he wasn't pouting...he could be seen off stage smiling and laughing...trying to get the crowd alive. He came right back out...did an amazing performance of Say I and continued on. He kicked the speaker...twice...count 'em...only twice...not repeatedly. Technical difficulties were confirmed after the band left the stage...as was normal...before Who's Got My Back. The set list was shortened by 2 songs...most probably due to the technical delay and time constraints concerning the venue.
Scott did the best he could under the circumstances...and finished the show smiling...aplauding...and grateful...as he always does. I will always remember the brilliant smile he flashed up at us as he left the stage.
I will NEVER forget his performance of One Last Breath that night...NEVER!
We saw Jagger off stage...and we didn't know at the time...but this show was only days after the problem with his ex-wife. He had alot going on at that moment in his life...but he still took the stage...and gave us everything he had in him at that point.
If anyone would like to see PSU for themselves or refresh their memories of that night...I would be more than happy to burn you a copy of the DVD.