View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 02:06 AM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Show started with a band called Blue Epic. I thought they sounded pretty decent. It was hard to hear the vocals though due to the small crowd at the start of the show (the venue has a serious echo problem with small crowds). I would definately check them out...

Next up = Blue October. I personally didn't like them all that much. They did had a unique sound. One guy was playing a violin and some sort of banjo type thing (it was a mini guitar heh). Two songs toward the end of their set were decent. They did start getting the crowd going though.

Third on the bill was Socialburn. They were also so/so. They sort of reminded me of Puddle of Mudd. The singer sounded pretty good and several of their songs were very catchy. I especially liked the last song (the name of the tune escapes me right now though). They got the crowd going quickly and were a good choice as opener for Default I think.

Finally, Default!!! Wow, what a show. This band has truely grown over the last two years. I've seen them several times in the past and this show was by far the best. The entire band moved around on stage and kept the "action" flowing (unlike in the past where each band member would stand in their position the whole set). They played a mix of songs from their old album and the new one, Elocation. One thing I disliked was about 3 songs in, everyone left the stage except the guitar player. He played a 5 or 6 minute solo. He is definately a good guitarist, but this solo seemed out of place in the set and kind of dragged on after about 2 minutes. But other than that, the show was awsome. If you have the chance to see Default on this tour, be sure and see them!!!

Only other downside was the price of beer... $6 for a bottle of beer or $5.50 for a tapper (same size as a bottle). I threw away $36 just for beer. ugh! Oh well...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"