View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #46
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by MrSeeker
You seem to be very wise. Can I ask what you do believe?
You seem to know much about Christainity,but yet at the same time seem to reject it. Also I dont know what times are ahead of me,i just know God will take care of me,no matter what happends.If i knew what is gonna happen,i wouldnt want to live.
So yea. Take care...

I spent 18 years in church. The later half of my senior year in high school I participated in a small group of my peers. That group helped me out in many ways, although, none of which was the purpose it set out to do. I then started reading lots of books. I started to realize that Christianity didn't add up to me. I swore I would never become one of those "retired" christians that I would run into on message boards and in school, but, here I am. I guess now I would consider myself a theistic agnostic, or a modern deist. I believe there is a god, but beyond that, I don't know. I figure as long as I keep searching, I won't find the truth, but it will find me.

If you are ever bored, "A history of Christian Thought" by Paul Tillich is an incredible book. Tillich is considered on of the most prominent Christian philosophers of this century.... or, last century. Take care.