View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sheila-The beach sounds wonderful. Being alone with nature is how I too find my most spiritual moments.

I go to the northern woods of Minnesota. There is a place we camp that is wilderness for as far as the eye can see. The lakes are clean and beautiful and they do not allow jet skis or highpowered motor boats on the water. The quiet of the place is wonderful. At night, when everyone is sleeping, I leave the tent and walk through the area, as the ladies room is down the road. The stars are so bright you don't need a flashlight. I tilt my head up to look at the sky, and I scuff my feet in the dirt to make a slight sound. I make the sound, because I blend in with nature so well in the night, I almost stepped on a skunk one time. That would have proved most embarrassing.

I find the night just as beautiful as the daytime. It forms a balance that soothes my spirit. The starlight, combined with the wonderful scent of the woods, and the feel of the fresh dew as it covers my feet as I walk. That is my heaven on earth.