View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Heaven on Earth?

I was wondering if you have ever been to a place where you literally felt like you were in heaven on earth? There have been very few places I have felt like this, one of course for me was Alaska. BUT..... the other one is right here in Virginia, I just got home from there. You all have heard me talk about the "Berry Farm" before, well this place is beyond awesome!! It is a farm way out in the country located in the "Northern Neck" of Virginia, nestled in between 2 rivers. It is a berry farm that is acres and acres of lush crops, trees, river views and orchards. They have animals there, horses, sheep, goats etc.. and you can interact witht the animals. ANYWAYS...... What I am getting at is I went there today to pick strawberries, these berries are like no other I have ever picked in my entire life!!!!!! They are huge, they take up almost the entire palm of my hand and they are juicy red the whole way through and sweetest taste ever! I picked 40 pounds of berries today! I am going to make jam etc.... I had a wonderful experience there again, while I was taking care of my grandma 2 weeks ago, she said to me "Are you going to get berries this year" she knows it is a big deal for me. I welled up in tears and said I would not leave her to go there! She said "Don't worry I will be with you there" well....... today I was picking berries I go far away in the field, as far as I can from the other people because that is where the best berries are, next to the river! While I was picking berries the sun was beating down on me and I was happy and then I say this most beautiful butterfly, it was bright blue in color with hints of yellow, I had never seen one so beautiful. That butterfly followed me all over that orchard, now tell me that is not a sign from her! I was so overwhelmed I cried right there in the field! This place is my favorite place to go in the summer, they have a country store, old fashioned porch swings to sit on and it is so peaceful and relaxing there. I truly feel at peace there and I believe that she was there with me today! If you want to see the site here is the website!

www.westmorelandberryfarm.com

Please share your places like this if you have any!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"