CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   my top ten bands.. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10718)

Robin101 03-23-2006 09:34 PM

Re: my top ten bands..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
That's awesome... I know that they're from Sheffield... is that where you're from? I'm very impressed with Arctic Monkeys and it's amazing that they're only like 19 and 20 years old.

Sorry, can't stand the AM. When I first heard When The Sun Goes Down on the radio I honestly thought it was a jingle to advertise a bank (lyrics - something, something...credit card...something, something)

I always thought America had a great understanding of good music but after Coldplay, now Arctic Monkeys and even....James F****** Blunt:mad1: getting to Number One I have my doubts.

JAMES F****** BLUNT!!!:mad1: (his voice/lyrics...shudder)

Anna1011 03-24-2006 03:30 AM

atleast you dont have Chico yet or do you hmmmmm gawd hes awful!!!

"what time is it? its Chico time!" yeah i dont think so mate

Robin101 03-24-2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
atleast you dont have Chico yet or do you hmmmmm gawd hes awful!!!

"what time is it? its Chico time!" yeah i dont think so mate

Chico!!:mad1: :mad1: What The F***!! I must destroy all those who support him!!

[edited to add another :mad1:]

Anna1011 03-24-2006 01:12 PM

i fuckin hate him!!!! hes just pisses me off soooooo much!!

JulieCitySlicker 03-25-2006 05:36 PM

1. Switchfoot
2Greenwheel
3. Default
4.Saliva
5. Matchbox 20
6.Linkin Park
7.. Strata
8.l 3 Doors Down
9.Disturbed
10. Stained

not in any real order either.

Unforgiven Fan 03-26-2006 12:23 AM

1) Cross Candian Ragweed
2) Alison Krauss and Union Station
3) Cold
4) Staind
5) 3 Doors Down
6) Metallica
7) Tool
8) Lacuna Coil
9) Finger Eleven
10) King Crimson

Alter Bridge is 14 (might get higher if they release a hevier and better 2nd album) , Creed is about 17...use to rank Creed higher but Prison is the only album I listen to now...

inside_us_all04 03-26-2006 03:50 AM

I also like lifehouse, and james blunt....

DangerousDan85 03-26-2006 05:58 AM

hmmm, lets see

- STP
- Creed
- Our Lady Peace
- Alice in Chains
- Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp Show
- Godsmack
- Shinedown
- Seether
- Disturbed
- Tantric

Chase 03-27-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Sorry, can't stand the AM. When I first heard When The Sun Goes Down on the radio I honestly thought it was a jingle to advertise a bank (lyrics - something, something...credit card...something, something)

I always thought America had a great understanding of good music but after Coldplay, now Arctic Monkeys and even....James F****** Blunt:mad1: getting to Number One I have my doubts.

JAMES F****** BLUNT!!!:mad1: (his voice/lyrics...shudder)

The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Robin101 03-29-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Even though I'm not an avid fan of a majority of the bands you mentioned, I do respect their achievements. They have obviously represented us extremely well.

I realize that AM aren't number 1 - I was refering to James Blunt (shudder).
Arctic Monkeys, in many peoples eyes, are the best thing to happen to music in years - their lyrical skills have even been described as 'Dickensian'. They're just not my cup of tea.

Oasis - sorry just not a big fan of Liam. He's a great 'rock character' but again, just not my cup of tea. He made this statement recently "Oasis may not be the biggest band in the world, but we're the best band in the world and the best band deserve the best singer in the world". Mmmm...not too sure about that. He also said, if I remember correctly, U2 'don't even know who they are anymore' and the Rolling Stones 'make crap music'. Noel Gallagher - very talented.

I'm not a fan of Chris Martin's voice. However, I do respect their music and I quite like Clocks.

As for The Libertines (or Babyshambles), enjoy while you can. Pete Doherty is a real ticking time bomb - makes Stapp look like Cliff Richard!

Oh well....You're an American who enjoys Brit Pop/Rock, I'm a Brit who enjoys American Rock. Music makes the world go round and it would be quite a boring world if we all liked the same music.

Take Care

metalchris25 04-06-2006 08:49 AM

1. Metallica- nobody does it better (St. Anger excluded.)
2. Pind Floyd- may be a reunion
3. Creed- Hands down the best band in the last decade
4. Zepplin- godz
5. eric clapton- anyone with a guitar should not be without Riding with the King. Two guitarists of the highest caliber, just doesnt get any better.
6. SRV- GUITAR GENIUS
7. Nickelback- yes, nickelback
8. nirvana- RIP Kurt 4-8-94
9. 2pac Shakur- possibly the best poet of our generation
10. Third Day- because theyre Third Day

Mr. Seeker 04-12-2006 05:45 PM

1. Creed/ Scott Stapp (of course)
2. 3 Doors Down (the Away from the Sun album rules!)
3. Nickelback
4. Staind
5. Goo Goo Dolls
6. Audioslave- also Soundgarden
7. Foo Fighters
8. Stone Temple Pilots- miss them
9. Matchbox 20
10. Breaking Benjiman

HuMaN~ClAy 04-12-2006 10:42 PM

1. Creed
2. Alterbridge / Scott Stapp (weird how people are grouping them but i'll continue)
3. Coldplay (completely different from everything else but they're amazing)
4. Shinedown
5. Breaking Benjamin
6. Audioslave / Sound Garden / Rage
7. Tool / A Perfect Circle
8. Metallica
9. Our Lady Peace
10. Linkin Park

might not actually be my top ten, but they're 10 (actually 14) artists i listen to all the time... and that's in no particular order.

Actually, it's interesting to see how many people haven't listed Creed... seems like an obvious one. Then again this isn't in the Creed section so i shouldn't be so surprised.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2006 08:54 PM

1. Alter Bridge
2. Black Label Society/Zakk Wylde/Pride & Glory
3. Dream Theater/John Petrucci Solo/Liquid Tension Expirament
4. P.O.D.
5. Metallica
6. Steve Vai
7. Third Day
8. Paul Gilbert/Racer X/Mr. Big
9. Alice In Chains/Jerry Cantrell
10. (at this very Moment) U2

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
1. Metallica- nobody does it better (St. Anger excluded.)
2. Pind Floyd- may be a reunion
3. Creed- Hands down the best band in the last decade
4. Zepplin- godz
5. eric clapton- anyone with a guitar should not be without Riding with the King. Two guitarists of the highest caliber, just doesnt get any better.
6. SRV- GUITAR GENIUS
7. Nickelback- yes, nickelback
8. nirvana- RIP Kurt 4-8-94
9. 2pac Shakur- possibly the best poet of our generation
10. Third Day- because theyre Third Day

Hell Yeah Third Day! I saw them in concert like 2 weeks ago! They Rock! I play in a praise band and we always play "God Of Wonders"