CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Rise Today (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11704)

revisfoot 07-19-2007 08:02 PM

Rise Today

Personally, I love it. It's a great new change for Alter Bridge. It's good to hear that they truly aren't trying to be "Creed Pt.2" (unlike some here-to-be-unnamed-solo-artists out there). Also, you can definetly tell that it has some Myles Kennedy guitar work in it, which adds a whole new color to the mix. I like it, a lot. I'm glad they put out this song as a single. ROCK AND ROLL!

Muad'Dib 07-20-2007 09:02 AM

Re: Rise Today

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Personally, I love it. It's a great new change for Alter Bridge. It's good to hear that they truly aren't trying to be "Creed Pt.2" (unlike some here-to-be-unnamed-solo-artists out there). Also, you can definetly tell that it has some Myles Kennedy guitar work in it, which adds a whole new color to the mix. I like it, a lot. I'm glad they put out this song as a single. ROCK AND ROLL!

Great change? Sounds like a B-side to ODR. Was hoping for alot better lyrics too.

revisfoot 07-20-2007 09:41 AM

Come on! A lot of ODR sounded like "creed with a new lead singer". Same octave chord riffage, all that stuff. But, this here, this "Rise Today" sounds like a new animal. There are some new guitar tones, some pretty awesome licks by both Mark and Myles, you can HEAR homeboy Brian on this. Personally, I think this album has a totaly different feel. I like it.

Muad'Dib 07-20-2007 09:47 AM

Reminds me alot of Shape Of Things To Come (by Audioslave) for some reason too . . .

rabidgopher04 07-20-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Great change? Sounds like a B-side to ODR.

I concur. My initial impression is that it sounds like the same old thing.

bilal 07-20-2007 12:04 PM

the song is definitely different from previous AB work.... but i can't tell if i like it or not....... it surprised me actually that i had to turn it off.... i will listen to it again when the CD comes out.... being sure about its sound sound quality and all....

Wylde-Tremonti 07-20-2007 01:13 PM

yeah... i'm not quite impressed by the new material either... I did like that was some slide guitar in there (be it little) so it's good that they're broadening their horrizens.... but i was expecting alot more to be honest. I think we've all been anticipating new stuff from the guys for so long that our expectations may be unrealistic?

idk i think alot of us have this idea that Mark is gonna be the next big guitar hero... It just didn't sound like it on that track

Bridge of Clay 07-20-2007 03:00 PM

Myles plays the slide guitar.

I think the song will be a #1 hit. I love it!

Sure, we're all expecting for some Tremonti-madness, but wait until you hear the album and specially, the song Blackbird.

revisfoot 07-20-2007 07:09 PM

What struck me as interesting was the breakdown, right after Myles sings "all we need is love". Listen to that. It is SO Mayfield Four-esque. Brought back some good memories. I love this song so much. I can't wait for the rest of the album!

J.T. 07-20-2007 08:58 PM

I love the new song. I've listened to it about 50 times so far.

Chase 07-20-2007 09:59 PM

Now, I can see why people gave Creed a hard time. Redundant, repetitive, and radio friendly songs. Nothing too challenging. The song isn't bad... but if you were looking for something complex... then this isn't your song. They're just keeping the status quo. Which is understandable seeing as they're on a new label and looking for air time.

Unforgiven Fan 07-21-2007 01:58 AM

given the state of rock and the sound and tone they have gone on this first single (?)....I am vary wary of the radio play and sucess...I am waiting for a higher bit rate/high quality to get a good sense...I will still like the album most likely but I am a bit wary...but I will bide my time till I hear the album

The Lithium 07-21-2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
I think we've all been anticipating new stuff from the guys for so long that our expectations may be unrealistic?

Yeah, but then again they've been in the studio for a looong time, to make sure everything comes out just right. And both Mark and Michael have told us that this album is going to real special and that all these tones are monsters! The best they've ever written. Of course we have high expectations!!

[quote=Bridge of Clay]I think the song will be a #1 hit.QUOTE]
I reeeeaaaally doubt that! I think Open Your Eyes was a way better firs single than this. Just doesn't have that catchy-feel to it a radio hit needs!