CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are Creed really... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3702)

mel!ssa 07-12-2003 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
hmm... it seems melissa likes to get high! ;) lol! j/k

Hey! I do not! :P i'll have you know i don't drink at all! Exactly how much do you drink Marcos? Huh? Huh? WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW? Muahahahaha!!!! :devil:

Aimee 07-12-2003 06:35 PM

And don't forget that a "Christian" band tries to sell you on the idea of Christ. Creed's not selling God, they are questioning religion and asking spiritual questions. There is a big diff.

TeriB19 07-12-2003 09:43 PM

Excellent point, Aimee!

"I cry out to God seeking only His decision, Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison". -- Not saying we should all praise Him and do as He would have us do, but saying you make your own destiny, you control your own life. Christian bands would have you lift your hands to the Lord and do as He wishes and carry out His word. Creed does not preach that. You figure it out for yourself just as they say you interpret their lyrics as you think they are.

StappsSaviour 07-12-2003 09:49 PM

that is totally true

and wot is also true is wot Hottforscott is saying
u can have your own personal interpretations of each song
it may not always b the same as other ppls but wot u believe has importance

and no, Creed is not a chrostian band altho they do believe in the lord Jesus and his father, God.

but yea

Bridge of Clay 07-12-2003 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mel!ssa
Hey!  I do not! :P  i'll have you know i don't drink at all!  Exactly how much do you drink Marcos?  Huh?  Huh?  WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW? Muahahahaha!!!!    :devil:

hehehe LOL!

what a sweet post! :P

but hey: :devil: = not nice, girl! IŽd rather you were an :angel:

;)

And for the record, I donŽt drink either. Although once I tried a tequila drink! hehehehe and I kinda liked it! But I didnŽt have it again ever since.... :cool: :bounce:

xXCreedNXDfanxX 07-14-2003 12:08 PM

So,please explain to me the difference.Cos I dont really get it.It seems that all their songs have something to do with God.

Aimee 07-14-2003 07:24 PM

Here's the difference...
If you are trying to talk your friend into eating some raw oysters, you would go on and on about all the good things like they're yummy or they feel great sliding down your throat or they're an aphrodisiac. Your friend may never eat raw oysters, but you love them, so you are going to keep trying to get them to try at least one. That's like trying to sell a certain belief. BUT your friend might come back and say, yeah, they smell good on that plate, but they look nasty. Or he'd say he would like to try one but he's heard that they could cause food poisoning. Now that's questioning your firmly held belief, right? So let's say your friend DOES try one and loves them but has an allergic reaction. He writes a love poem to Oysters that goes something like this...

Oh raw oysters, you're so fine.
I love you more than red red wine.
But when I eat you, every time,
I blow up like a whale in brine.
So watch out all you oyster lovers
cuz oysters made me turn to blubber.
Now I've had what I can't live without,
but eating them could give me gout.

Or something like that.
NOW that's an idea that makes ME go hmmm...
Maybe I should try oysters because this guy did and he really liked them. But in his experience, he became allergic. Wonder if that will happen to me? He talking about oysters in his poem, but he's not shoving them down my throat (like you were literally doing), but he's made me curious about the experience. It's questioning the yumminess of oysters, not saying that everyone should eat them.
Maybe this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Oh well, I tried.

hotforscott 07-14-2003 07:55 PM

:clap:

That's a great way to explain it, Aimee. I like the poem, too. LOL!
I am crackin' up over here. :)

TeriB19 07-14-2003 09:11 PM

That was fantastic, Aimee!! Excellent analogy, and now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or horny.;)

hotforscott 07-14-2003 09:16 PM

LMAO, Teri.

mel!ssa 07-15-2003 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
hehehe LOL!

what a sweet post! :P

but hey: :devil: = not nice, girl! IŽd rather you were an :angel:  

;)

Sorry.

:angel:

Is that better? :P

I'm a good girl, really... ;)

xXCreedNXDfanxX 07-15-2003 03:49 PM

Ok,u totally lost me!!!!Heheheheh.

alive_in_Jesus 07-23-2003 11:46 PM

Like the band members say, there are different things you can interpret from their lyrics. I personally, have found many of their songs spiritual...infact, God used their music to bring me closer to Him....but I think that there is a mixure of stuff in their lyrics....

Also, a lot of groups do not want to be labeled as a 'Christian Group' so that they will get non-christians to listen to their music as well....I don't think it is Creed's intent however, but who knows. Its just something to keep in mind.

ZION1010 07-25-2003 01:42 AM

Indeed they do not for jesus came to save that which was lost if they labled there self as achristian band there music could have proably not reached that which was lost I do know this gods anointing is upon creed IF it had not been for the song sacrafice and how it touched me I mite have not been typing this rite now hes words did fly and the came wright to me and their thay have stayed.

Samuel 07-25-2003 10:55 AM

I know in Sacrafice he`s talking about being reunited with Jesus after he almost killed himself in the song before,One last breath.Like me,I think he was a prodical son of the faith,and is just happy to return to his family.