CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   U2 in Philly!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9774)

Dogstar 10-18-2005 03:24 AM

U2 in Philly!!!

I just got back from U2 and it was freakin awesome. I've been a fan for a loooong time and I had never seen them, so this was a treat!
The Wachovia Center was full of crazies on a Monday night. It was loud, loud, loud in there. Bono was like, so this is Philly on a Monday night, eh? And then he said it should be Saturday and then he called us all crazy because we were so loud and rowdy, hahaha! I love shows in Philly!

The stage was wild. It was open all around, so they sold tickets behind the stage and there was this oddly shaped oval catwalk-type thing that they all at one time or another walked around, high-fiving and shaking hands with the people in the pit. It was lighted as well, and it was part of a pretty cool light show, almost like laser lights and stuff. Really cool.

They played a good mix of old and new including Vertigo, Elevation, With or Without You (practically my favorite U2 song), Pride, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday (!!!!), but the highlight of the night was a surprise guest!

People had all kinds of signs, so Bono says, Where's the guy with the People Get Ready sign? And then the guy, of course, puts up the sign, and Bono says, This one's for you. Then he says, I think we need another guitar player. Well, BRUCE FUCKING SPRINGSTEEN comes on stage (I hope you see this, SmilinSkullRing:D )and the place went absolutely fucking apeshit. My friends and I started screaming, we couldn't believe it. He played and sang. Then during the song, Patty Scialfa comes on stage to add vocals. Very cool! We had two encores as well, and they ended with 40, with each member leaving separately to a chorus of cheers. Bono also made his plea to end poverty, and mentioned Live 8 and he thanked Mayor Street of Philly for helping to bring Live 8 to the city, but when he mentioned Street, everybody booed, LOLOLOL. Bono was like, Did I miss something? Hahahaha, he apparently didn't know how many locals hate John Street. That was pretty funny.

All in all, a freakin amazing show. I want to see them again!!

scrit 10-18-2005 04:43 PM

That sounded like a great night! I can't wait to see them in december.

Ana4Stapp 10-18-2005 04:58 PM

WOW! AMAZING!!!! I LOOOOVE U2 and BONO!!! I have all their cds...
I will NEVER forget that amazing show they performed here!!! And I hope I CAN see them AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Bono said they are going to play here again NEXT YEAR!!!!!! Im waiting for it, couinting days to 2006!!!!!!!!
Sorry....but Im hyper...lol :D

and Scrit I AM (completely) envying you !!!!!!!! :rolleyes: but not too much cause the same day Ill see Pearl Jam...lol ;)

Dogstar 10-18-2005 05:27 PM

It was fantastic, scrit! I hope you have a great time as well!

Trimontana 10-18-2005 05:55 PM

Kerri so happy you had such a good time baby :D Wow Bruce on there too...i wish i could go to one of his gigs...that sounded like a luxury concert.

scrit 10-18-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
WOW! AMAZING!!!! I LOOOOVE U2 and BONO!!! I have all their cds...
I will NEVER forget that amazing show they performed here!!! And I hope I CAN see them AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Bono said they are going to play here again NEXT YEAR!!!!!! Im waiting for it, couinting days to 2006!!!!!!!!
Sorry....but Im hyper...lol :D

and Scrit I AM (completely) envying you !!!!!!!! :rolleyes: but not too much cause the same day Ill see Pearl Jam...lol ;)

Another one of my favorite bands that I want to see live! I hope they play a good concert for you.

Quote:

The stage was wild. It was open all around, so they sold tickets behind the stage and there was this oddly shaped oval catwalk-type thing that they all at one time or another walked around, high-fiving and shaking hands with the people in the pit. It was lighted as well, and it was part of a pretty cool light show, almost like laser lights and stuff. Really cool.

Where I am sitting is behind the stage. I heard there is a curtain of lights among other things behind the stage, I hope i have a good view of the band. Even though they are behind the stage, they are pretty close though.

Dogstar 10-18-2005 09:25 PM

Yeah, the curtain of lights is all around the stage, but you can see through them just fine. It's a high-tech stage :D.

scrit 10-20-2005 08:56 PM

^ that is good, I was afraid I wouldnt be able to see them well.

Dogstar 10-20-2005 09:41 PM

Nope, it's almost like laser light or something. It's wicked cool looking!

hayley 10-26-2005 05:39 PM

Oh WOW KERRI!! :D :D

Wow, Bruce Springsteen? :eek: Now that would have been cool ...

Did you see Larry?? :D

Dogstar 10-26-2005 06:05 PM

Oh, hell, yeah, I saw Larry :megadrool: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

TeriB19 10-26-2005 06:08 PM

Did you have a towel handy, girlfriend? ;)

Dogstar 10-26-2005 06:10 PM

Muahahahahaha :D...I needed a fricken bath-size one ;)

hayley 10-26-2005 06:41 PM

Mmmm ... Larrrrrryyyyyyy ..... :pant: :pant:

Ahhh I'm in love with that guy .... my future husband .... that is, after I get rid of his current wife ...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dogstar 10-26-2005 08:47 PM

:laugh:!!!!