CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Yankees (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6317)

RMadd 04-18-2004 01:58 AM

how you braves fans liking JD Drew and Eli Marrero so far?

Trees of Wisdom 04-18-2004 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
ah, forgot to mention the Chubs: Sosa strikes out too much and isn't as much of a threat without the cork (or the 'roids, for that matter). Outside of him and Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez, the offense packs nowhere near the amount of punch the Cards or the Yanks do. And the rotation IS only average without Prior. Last time I checked, they were 6-5, in 3rd place in the Central. Wood and Zambrano have been good so far (Wood got a bad game today, w/ the home plate ump blowing those calls w/ Adam Dunn). Chubs fans better hope that Mr. Prior is back soon so they don't have to rely on Sergio Mitre much longer.

The Cubs still have a great staff. The only thing that is holding it down is the terrible starter replacing Prior.

And you're statement about Sosa: Dude, that's a freaking cheap shot. Lay off.

Trees of Wisdom 04-18-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
how you braves fans liking JD Drew and Eli Marrero so far?

Drew has been doing well at striking out and getting injured. Great pick-up on the Braves part.

facelessman 04-18-2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Drew has been doing well at striking out and getting injured. Great pick-up on the Braves part.

nah. Hes no sheffield, but hes doin good so far. hes not injured. not yet at least.

Trees of Wisdom 04-18-2004 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
nah. Hes no sheffield, but hes doin good so far. hes not injured. not yet at least.

He's only homered once. And is hitting a buck something.

facelessman 04-18-2004 02:50 AM

true, but we still have all season long. its only the beginning, bro. he showed us what he can do in spring training, and its only a matter of time till he shows us again. come to think of it, A-ROD isnt doin much better.

Sincirr 04-18-2004 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

true, but we still have all season long. its only the beginning, bro. he showed us what he can do in spring training, and its only a matter of time till he shows us again. come to think of it, A-ROD isnt doin much better.

Hey! This will get yas goin!:eek:
:D

Trees of Wisdom 04-18-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
Hey! This will get yas goin!:eek:
:D

I have seen Mark wearing tons of merchandise from several other baseball teams. This isn't anything new, but damn Yankees. :mad1:

benkenobi 04-18-2004 02:02 PM

Yankees, Oh what can I say today about the Yanks? Well, lets see they lost AGAIN to Boston. Jeter was 0-4, as was A. Rod. That a way to earn your paychecks. Some of the top paid players on the top paid team in baseball including Giambi, Jeter, and A. Rod have been 1-15 in the last couple of games. There's an old saying that having too many chiefs and not enough indians can be a bad thing. Well, the Yanks are doing a good job of proving it.

Sincirr 04-18-2004 09:56 PM

Well they earned it today, 7-3. That third inning was insane!

RMadd 04-18-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

true, but we still have all season long.

true.... a whole season to get injured. if he could last a whole season and play with some effort, he'd be alright, but he's a pussy (he sits out days when he might have a cold or something weak like that which other players play with) and he gets injured too easily. dunno what's wrong w/ eli, b/c he was always a good utility player w/ the cards... i guess he's not fond of catching (he'd play outfield most of the time last year, w/ mike matheny and chris widger doing most of the catching).

facelessman 04-18-2004 10:55 PM

eli is not catching. hes playing OF. and dont hate on j.d.

Dogstar 04-18-2004 10:58 PM

JD is so loathed in Philly for not signing here, LOL...they boo the sh*t out of him everytime he plays here :D....Oh, and though the EVILS beat my Red Sox today, A-ROD is still 0 for the series....Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

facelessman 04-18-2004 11:04 PM

0-12 in the series. .156 on the year, 1 homer, 3 RBI's. doesnt sound like A-rod, numbers. but he'll come around, unfortunately.

Dogstar 04-18-2004 11:05 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm enjoying it while it lasts ;).