CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Post for Peace (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=514)

souldancer 12-02-2002 02:12 AM

Wonderful AIJ that you carry that peace so deeply within and I am sure it radiates out to others! :)

souldancer 12-04-2002 11:29 PM

So saddened over a year ago at the death of George Harrison, I just wanted to share these beautiful words...

Give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on Earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope to help me cope
With this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you
With heart and soul

TeriB19 12-04-2002 11:32 PM

Paul does a moving tribute to George in his show. He plays a Ukelele given to him by George and sings a much different version of Something. It's touching, funny and beautiful all at once.

souldancer 12-05-2002 02:10 AM

Magical to be able to mix humour and tenderness. Thanks for that beautful image. OH - WHERE HAVE ALL THE BEATLES GONE?!

souldancer 12-07-2002 04:01 AM

In separateness lies the world's great misery; in compassion lies the world's true strength.
--Buddha

Seeing the reality of homeless teens and children on the city streets horrified me today. What kind of animals are we to abandon our young to sell their innocence and souls to survive?
I think I need to start a new thread "Feeling Friggin Frustrated".
If I search down deep, will I find that flicker and light of peace? It's said that it's easier to see light in the darkness, but I wonder about that. Can my light burn out if I don' kindle it? This board and these people help remind me of that peace inside us all...

TeriB19 12-08-2002 10:20 AM

It's said that it's easier to see light in the darkness, but I wonder about that. Can my light burn out if I don' kindle it?

That's why we're here. When it's dark, kindle your flame by seeking out friends who care. Don't sit in darkness when the light from your friends is available to light the way. Seek out those who know of your pain and desperately want to help you out of the darkness. You see it when volunteering, you are there to light the way for those less fortunate. Take that advice to heart.

hotforscott 12-08-2002 10:23 AM

couldn't have said it any better, that was very nice Teri. i will have to remember that. sometimes we all need to see the light.

souldancer 12-10-2002 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
[i] This board and these people help remind me of that peace inside us all...

- and that you give out to others!! ! Thanks so much for that beautiful post Teri! :angel:

souldancer 12-14-2002 12:46 AM

Just sharing some quotes..

Through Gandhi and my own life experience, I have learned about nonviolence. I believe that human life is a very special gift from God, and that no one has a right to take that away in any cause, however just. I am convinced that nonviolence is more powerful than violence.
--Cesar Chavez

In all of his suffering, as in all of his life and ministry, Jesus refused to defend himself with force or with violence. He endured violence and cruelty so that God's love might be fully manifest and the world might be reconciled to the One from whom it had become estranged. Even at his death, Jesus cried for forgiveness for those who were executioners: "Father, forgive them"
--The Challenge of Peace

Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals.
--Ammon Hennacy, US Labor leader

souldancer 12-22-2002 10:20 PM

If peace . . . only had the music and pageantry of war, there'd be no wars.
Sophie Kerr

The belief that we some day shall be able to prevent war is to me one with the belief in the possibility of making humanity really human (humane).
Ellen Key, 1916

Everything, everything in war is barbaric . . . But the worst barbarity of war is that it forces men collectively to commit acts against which individually they would revolt with their whole being.
Ellen Key, 1916

Dogstar 12-22-2002 10:22 PM

Quote:

Everything, everything in war is barbaric . . . But the worst barbarity of war is that it forces men collectively to commit acts against which individually they would revolt with their whole being.  
Ellen Key, 1916

Exactly!

souldancer 12-30-2002 07:18 PM

Sending out peaceful thoughts to Creed fans, media a/h's (sorry) - and especially to Scott, Mark, Scott and Brett - Jagger too.
Let us find the peace inside and let it be our friend....and let us move toward compassion.

Dogstar 12-30-2002 07:56 PM

Yes, compassion, of which there seems precious little in today's world. We need to give more of it.

souldancer 12-31-2002 04:01 AM

New Year Blessings for Peace Makers!

Happy New Year to everyone!
May we all realize that we can climb mountains and overcome obstacles with non-violence. Vision with right action can lead the way. Peace begins, as our Creed lyrics tell 'inside us'...radiates to our relationships, communities, nation, other nations and across the globe to all Life on Earth. Each of us makes a difference - right where we are. Let's live the Universal Golden Rule - be the love and compassion to others that we want for ourselves. Don't lose our faith. Believe, and when we get down (which is easy to do these days) listen to some Creed and Lennon's Imagine, recite St. Francis' Prayer for Peace (Lord Make me an instrument...) - take a walk and feel the beauty of Nature.
Spend time in silence. Close your eyes, smile and consider all the blessings you received in 2002. Open your heart and make room with gratitude to greet 2003!
Wishing you much peace and joy -

souldancer 01-20-2003 11:49 AM

Honoring Martin Luther King Jr.

In recognition and honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.

I plan to stand by nonviolence, because I have found it to be a philosophy of life that regulates not only my dealings in the struggle for racial justice, but also my dealings with people, and with my own self.