CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Reset Post Counts to 0? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7362)

Steve 09-09-2004 10:01 AM

Reset Post Counts to 0?

I'm developing a bunch of new User Ranks (the little status that appears under your name in posts depending on how many posts you have). I think it would be kinda cool for everyone to have to discover all the ranks rather than just see everyone's ranks ASAP since we have people with thousands of posts. However I am leaving this up to the community to decide.

Do you want to discover all the ranks by starting over in post counts and working your way up to them, or do you just want me to add the new ranks and have them applied to everyone depending on current post counts?

Please don't vote yes or no on this poll simply because you are at the "top of the pack" or the "bottom of the pack" in the post count. Be honest and tell me why you voted the way you did.

Thanks!!

Bridge of Clay 09-09-2004 10:26 AM

I voted for keeping it. I don't know if it's true, but at least imo, it seems people tend to have more respect for those who have more posts, which makes it easier to administrate. (Unless you're X, then you get no respect! lol)

And it also makes potential trolls shy. Although I'm not so sure about the second part.

Anyway, whatever the majority decides is good. I liked Steve's point of view as well.

I have a question: considering the post counts are reseted, it won't reset the posts, will it? I mean, old threads will still be alive, right?

Steve 09-09-2004 01:46 PM

Yes, old threads and posts would still exist, it would just say you have made 0 posts so far. Thanks for your point of view. Others, please respond... I'm only going to do what is decided here.

Dogstar 09-09-2004 03:05 PM

As long as the old threads stay, I have no problem with starting over. The post count is just a number and it makes no never mind to me. It will be fun to discover the new ranks.

Xterminator27 09-09-2004 03:08 PM

I think we should reset the mods too, and appoint new more better ones

COUGH ME COUGH

Dogstar 09-09-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
I think we should reset the mods too, and appoint new more better ones

COUGH ME COUGH

When hell freezes over :D. Surrender the fantasy, X.

RMadd 09-09-2004 05:24 PM

Keep everything the way it is! I worked damn hard to get this many posts, and I sure don't want to be reduced to the same rank as some new recruits from the AB-Rocks forums!

R U Ready? 09-09-2004 09:33 PM

This is a tough question because I joined this forum unknowingly in Aug. 2003 and should have many more posts than I do. I joined ABROCKS in June 2004 and got around 200 posts til the end of September. For my sake, I want them reset. However, this is selfish and I don't want that to be the reason. I think we should be able to discover the names. That would be more fun and exciting, and we could have a thread where we guess what they could be. Plus, to satisfy the high number posters, Steve could make a HALL OF FAME for posters and have like the TOP 10 posters before they were reset as a shrine to their hard work and endless hours on the Internet.LOL

TeriB19 09-09-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
it seems people tend to have more respect for those who have more posts, which makes it easier to administrate. (Unless you're X, then you get no respect! lol)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Steve, it makes no difference to me.

WeatheredWoman 09-10-2004 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Do you want to discover all the ranks by starting over in post counts and working your way up to them, or do you just want me to add the new ranks and have them applied to everyone depending on current post counts?

I would love to discover all the ranks working my way up... but I voted for keeping it. I think that some of the members will see it as a new competition to become the new number one poster on the board... or to get a new rank the first... so what I'm actually saying is that I'm affraid for far too much "spamming".

TeriB19 09-10-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
I would love to discover all the ranks working my way up... but I voted for keeping it. I think that some of the members will see it as a new competition to become the new number one poster on the board... or to get a new rank the first... so what I'm actually saying is that I'm affraid for far too much "spamming".

Good point, Stef. X will start threads like "What did you find in your nose today?" Back when Creedfeed was in its early stages, we were thrilled to almost reach 1000 posts, now that it has grown into such a large community, we may have a lot more spamming just to get a higher post count. Hrmmm.

farmgirl 09-10-2004 10:05 AM

I don't really care either way. I like the idea of starting over and seeing the new levels but I don't pay much attention to them anyway. I don't see the big deal about the # of posts someone has. But like others mentioned, it may start a whole new bunch of spamming to up post counts. Again, big whoop, LOL. I couldn't tell you who has a high count of posts and who has a low one...makes no diff. to me.

Bridge of Clay 09-10-2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Good point, Stef. X will start threads like "What did you find in your nose today?" Back when Creedfeed was in its early stages, we were thrilled to almost reach 1000 posts, now that it has grown into such a large community, we may have a lot more spamming just to get a higher post count. Hrmmm.

ditto.

DangerousDan85 09-10-2004 12:21 PM

i say keep the post counts, it'd suck to go from 12,000 to 0

GeeK_2004 09-10-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
it makes no difference to me.

same here...