CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "The Pit", continues to bash Creed and Stapp (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=807)

John 3:16 12-09-2002 09:42 AM

"The Pit", continues to bash Creed and Stapp

You would think that they would get a Life. That board SUCKS!!!!

John

shunammite 12-09-2002 11:49 AM

True but they always have the dope first, I read there. And learn a lot.

And I learn what not to read.

But hey blessed are ye when men shall revile you and say all manner of evil against you.

Stapp gets it from every direction, I'm sure he's earned some of it, but he's HUMAN, I will take the bad with the good, because the GOOD is SO GOOD!!!

KBoo925 12-09-2002 02:36 PM

I was totally shocked when I read some of the posts on that site. I can't believe how cruel and angry some people can be. I know that's what Scott means when he's singing Bullets...I just hope he doesn't read that board. Rather he come here and see how there's still some support and love in the world.

shunammite 12-09-2002 02:48 PM

Oh they love him, Stapp that is, but they are just constantly asking TOO MUCH and then being mad because he can't deliver.

But they are a FAITHFUL CROWD, they know EVERYTHING before ANYONE ELSE.

I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING!

KBoo925 12-09-2002 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shunammite
<b>
I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. &nbsp;But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING! </b>

What do you mean by "vaccinated"?

TeriB19 12-09-2002 05:04 PM

That's why I don't even go there unless somebody points out something interesting. I've said it before, it's not a very user friendly board and the people there are way too negative. I'll stay here and go there only when necessary.

CreedJeff 12-09-2002 06:02 PM

Well boys and girls, facts are facts , and it does not matter how much of a fan that you are, sometimes the truth just hurts! I am Creed nuts, traveling all over the country, spending lots and lots of money, but when the band or their management pulls the plug on an innocent webcast that all of the other bands permitted last night in L.A. at the KROQ event, I would say that is completely wrong. Then, there is the Billboard Awards show tonight that I almost went to in Vegas. The band is not playing Live tonight, but rather taped the performance from the top of a hotel in Vegas. Now wouldn't you be upset if you paid money to travel to Vegas and only got to see them on a video screen?

I really did not mean to bring a negative feel here, I just wanted to point out a few items of concern from my point of view.Thanks for reading and have a great evening. See ya!

Jeff

Steve 12-09-2002 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CreedJeff
Well boys and girls, facts are facts , and it does not matter how much of a fan that you are, sometimes the truth just hurts! I am Creed nuts, traveling all over the country, spending lots and lots of money, but when the band or their management pulls the plug on an innocent webcast that all of the other bands permitted last night in L.A. at the KROQ event, I would say that is completely wrong. Then, there is the Billboard Awards show tonight that I almost went to in Vegas. The band is not playing Live tonight, but rather taped the performance from the top of a hotel in Vegas. Now wouldn't you be upset if you paid money to travel to Vegas and only got to see them on a video screen?

I really did not mean to bring a negative feel here, I just wanted to point out a few items of concern from my point of view.Thanks for reading and have a great evening. See ya!

Jeff

1. Just because Creed's performance wasn't broadcast last night does not mean it was Creed's decision. The record company owns the rights to Creed basically and they have the say on what goes and what doesn't. They can ultimately decide whether or not a Creed performance can happen and whether or not it can be broadcast freely. You can't blame the band for (a) something you don't even know all the details for, and (B) something that the band might not have had any input in.

2. You know that the Billboard awards has one, or several, producers who decide how the show is put together. Creed doesn't say "Well if we don't get to record our performance on top of a building, then we won't play at all." The producers decide who will play, where it will happen, and how it will be put together. Again, you can't blame the band because it isn't their decision.

This is the problem with message boards like Creedpit in my honest opinion... everyone jumps to conclusions without even thinking. Yes you may be angry and all, but you don't start blurting out things you know nothing about. I'm not trying to put down Creedpit because it's a great site and there's a bunch of good people there. I'm just saying what happens on occasion that is uncalled for.

Also, I'm not saying that I'm right either. Maybe Creed did decide not to allow their performance to be webcasted. I'm just trying to state some facts on the situation. Bands have to follow according to their contract and their record label. So don't jump to harsh conclusions until you understand the whole situation.

Xterminator27 12-09-2002 06:56 PM

leave it up to steve to save the day!

JenRN 12-09-2002 08:56 PM

Steve you are the MAN for sure!!!! You say everything I think before I can even say it!!!!!! As far as CreedPit yeah they may have some "info" but what makes it correct info? Just because they say something does not mean it is correct! I have learned in life that you can only believe about half you hear!

TeriB19 12-09-2002 10:27 PM

Logistically, I think it would've been almost impossible for Creed to be at the awards ceremony to win the first award, rush over to the Stratosphere, perform, then rush back to see if they won the final award of the night. That's pushing things a bit. I don't really have an opinion on the webcast last night because I wouldn't have been able to see it anyway, but Steve's right. It's not only Creed's choice, they are bound by their contract and don't have the last word.

souldancer 12-10-2002 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shunammite
<b>But they are a FAITHFUL CROWD, they know EVERYTHING before ANYONE ELSE.

I too hope Stapp doesn't read there. &nbsp;But if he does, nothing anyone else says could hurt him, he'd be "vaccinated" against ANYTHING! </b>

I don't care to go even read what they post, but still - just knowing it happens, and even the bits here on our board of late, is dissapointing (disgusting) - it helps to play Bullets, you are right - and, per your recent post... how about ODE too!!!

marlsy 12-10-2002 11:32 AM

Steve is the man!! He speaks the truth!!!!

LovinCreed 12-11-2002 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
That's why I don't even go there unless somebody points out something interesting. I've said it before, it's not a very user friendly board and the people there are way too negative. I'll stay here and go there only when necessary.

Me too! ;)

Creed Say I 12-11-2002 01:24 PM

Well said Steve,

Word has spread far and wide about the pit lately. I know of alot of people not wishing to post there at the moment.
Which is a pity.

Sharon.

Shoebird 12-11-2002 03:32 PM

The Pit always seemed (to me) to be just a poorly-put-together board that was clogged with animated icons and homemade cut-and-paste banners. It always ran slowly because of all the additional crap that the users put on it. Without any trace of falsity, I can say that 97.3% of the posts there went like this: "OMG OMG SCOTT IS SOOOOO HOT!!!! OMG LOOK AT HIS SHOE!!!!! IT'S SO HOT TOO!!!! AND HIS FINGER IS EVEN MORE HOT TODAY THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY!!!!!! ESPECIALLY HIS THUMB!!!! OMG!!!!"

Sorry to any Creed Pitters I've offended, which would probably be all of them. They'll probably put this on their board and curse me out; I encourage them to! Go ahead, I have nothing to do at the time.

Shoebird 12-11-2002 03:32 PM

Regarding my last post....I really felt the need to rant for some reason

Dogstar 12-11-2002 03:36 PM

I loathe the Pit. They hardly ever talk about the music there. You are right, Shoebird, it's all just inane stuff (not that I haven't been guilty of a little steamy talk now and again) and the board itself is so user unfriendly. It does take forever to load because of all the pics, grafics, font types, whatever. This board is so much easier, friendlier and cleaner so that you can actually READ the posts. I never know where to begin when I call up a thread. Visually, it just bombards the eyes. Hail to Steve for designing such a cool place for real fans.

JenRN 12-11-2002 03:39 PM

Yeah.... The TRUE fans make their home here at CreedFeed, the best board around!:)

shunammite 12-11-2002 04:11 PM

Aaiiee, don't be too hard on them, they are OBSESSED and you really can get good stuff from them.

But the ringleaders are pretty hard on Stapp, I think they just expect more than any man can deliver.

It's true you can't talk about "meaning" much there, it's more a board for fun and admiring the "manliness", and for ATTACKING when the mood hits.

I read there every day, don't post much though. But I am grateful for all the information I've gotten there, they have everything first.

It's funny all the different kinds of boards Creednet's demise spawned. Kind of a tribute to them, we can't all get along in the same place because everyone is honest and that leads to FIGHTS, so people of similar minds sort of flock together.

I love CreedTalk, it is slow much of the time, the FaithForum there, they hardly ever talk about "faith" (except me) but we have known each other pretty deeply for a long time, and you can be serious. The people in COR mostly hate Creed, so they say, but they really enjoy each other, and they came together because of Creed, I think it all pays tribute to this honest passionate band. (That is pretty stressed at the moment. Just give love to all!)

Xterminator27 12-11-2002 05:33 PM

Creed pit blows, its poorly maaged, and full of banners and stuff, u cant read whut tehre staying cuzof all the pictures. if only spome of theose pitter (The 1% good ones) knew about Creed Feed...

creedchick02 12-11-2002 05:38 PM

So let them, if they want to waste there lives err.. NO life talking about a band they don't like that is thier progitive.:dancing:

TeriB19 12-11-2002 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shoebird
<b> Without any trace of falsity, I can say that 97.3% of the posts there went like this: "OMG OMG SCOTT IS SOOOOO HOT!!!! OMG LOOK AT HIS SHOE!!!!! IT'S SO HOT TOO!!!! AND HIS FINGER IS EVEN MORE HOT TODAY THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY!!!!!! ESPECIALLY HIS THUMB!!!! OMG!!!!"
</b>

Ok, we may get a little carried away over the look of the band, but I can say, in all honesty, shoes and thumbs just don't do it for me.

Elbows, now that's a different story. Did you see Stapp's ELBOW on the Billboard Show?? OMG, his right elbow is so much hotter than his left. :D

Steve 12-12-2002 12:12 AM

lol

JenRN 12-12-2002 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
Ok, we may get a little carried away over the look of the band, but I can say, in all honesty, shoes and thumbs just don't do it for me. &nbsp;

Elbows, now that's a different story. Did you see Stapp's ELBOW on the Billboard Show?? OMG, his right elbow is so much hotter than his left. :D

LMAO:lol: :lol: I will take the right ear lobe if you want the left one Teri! I fell like a little nibbling today!

TeriB19 12-12-2002 10:47 AM

Don't EVEN get me started on the earlobes. Damn, I need a snack.;) And hair follicles. Damn, he has the sexiest hair follicles of any rock star.

Creed23 12-12-2002 01:00 PM

:throwup: You guys make me sick :angel:

Skipper 12-12-2002 04:01 PM

"Steve" is a wise man is all I am going to imput. :)

JenRN 12-12-2002 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Skipper
<b>"Steve" is a wise man is all I am going to imput. :) </b>

Steve is the "king" of the board! He wears MANY crowns!;)

Skipper 12-12-2002 04:15 PM

Ay, I see ;)

Bella Espanol 12-12-2002 11:44 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. I am not a computer person but I try to keep up to date with Creed stuff and I agree with you 100% They should get a life. I love Creed and I am Scott's biggest fan, I adore him. I think what they say about him and his weight and what goes on with him is bullshit. All they do over there is speculate. I say unless I speak to Scott myself, I don't believe a word they say. I mean I love Creed, I really do but I have a life....I am a single mom with 3 small kids and in the process of a major career....I could never spend my whole life dedicated to a board....thats just insane. Don't take this the wrong way....I am very dedicated to my kids, my career to be and Creed.....Well Scott Stapp!!!!!! LOL

Bella:angel:

Aimee 12-13-2002 07:39 PM

Welcome DT. As you can see from the posts above, CreedFeed is way beyond all that shizzit. See you around!

souldancer 12-13-2002 08:02 PM

Glad to have you here on CF, dt! Great people - ENJOY and welcome aboard! :)

JenRN 12-13-2002 08:56 PM

Re: Pit

Quote:

Originally posted by dtjohnson7
Hi, I am new to this board. I've come searching b/c I am not happy with things going on in the pit lately. Getting way too biotchy and weird.
I've heard a lot of Creed boards have negativity. This is my next stop. Nice to meet you all.
I love Creed.

Warm Welcome!!!! We are MUCH more friendly here, we are TRUE Creed fans who really care about the music and the band!:D

TeriB19 12-13-2002 09:29 PM

This your next stop and will hopefully be your last. We are a warm bunch when you get to know us. Enjoy your stay with us. We check the negativity at the door! Welcome.

DangerousDan85 12-13-2002 11:06 PM

welcome to my crib (CreedFeed), home-slice :P

iris69 12-15-2002 12:10 AM

this is the first creed board i've found...and from what's been said so far about creedpit...i'm glad i didn't "find" them first.
i always love the way the "fans" are the hardest on the band.

MusicLover 12-15-2002 01:05 PM

True Music Fan?

Hello everyone, I hope with what I have to say does not offend anyone, but the use of "True Fan", "Number One Fan" and the like really get to me. :mad: I don't think anyone of you are any better than those that post at the Pit or any other BB. We are all diverse in this life, which makes it so interesting. A fan is someone who loves the music, buys the cd's and attends their concerts(some people want to go, but for reason's all their own just can't and for those who have attended, it doesn't matter if it has been once or 20 times(lucky you)). Because your topic of conversation may not be the same as others it does not make you a BIGGER fan than someone else. And because you choose not to discuss certain things pertaining to the band just makes you more empathetic toward the situation.
Just remember that we were not put on this earth to judge nor be judged(even though some of us do it everyday or have it done to us daily), our judgement will come when we meet our fate in the end.
I am one of many fans of Creed and I am grateful that Scott does what it takes to put on a show instead of cancelling all together. I don't know how many of us would sacrifice our apperance in such a way as to make so many people happy. I love Creed and I am thankful that so many others like yourselves love them also or their cd's would not be selling in the millions, nor would their concerts sell tickets. Unity is where its at, along with some damn great music, lyrics and hard work by Creed.
Peace to all and keep on rocking.:hippy: :jam:

Dogstar 12-15-2002 01:18 PM

MusicLover, first off, welcome to the board. Hope you stick around. It really isn't as judgmental as it sounds;) .
I, for, one don't think people here think they are better fans than others at other BBs. I sure don't. I just think their zeal for the band sometimes makes them seem that way. It's just unfortunate, IMHO, that some fans are so quick to judge the band without knowing all the facts. I understand people are going to speculate about situations when they arise, but it just gets a little distressing because some seem to expect so much of them. Maybe I'm being judgmental here, too, but all the band owes us is their effort and music. They are human. I just get so tired of people expecting so much more from them.

TeriB19 12-15-2002 02:53 PM

Re: True Music Fan?

Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
&nbsp;I don't think anyone of you are any better than those that post at the Pit or any other BB.

Hi MusicLover. Welcome to this bb. None of us claim that we are any better or bigger fans than anyone else. We are just not into the negativity that has been shown on some other bb's.