CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sunday service or not? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4379)

Wylde-Tremonti 09-21-2003 10:52 PM

I go to church....it's basically something i've been doing my whole life....i've never not had church...so in a way i think what would happen if i ever stopped goin to church?...how would i stand up....i think church is great...but i wonder w/ out it as a crutch... would i still have the same strength in faith?....i hope i never have to find out.... BUT.....i also think because i have gone to church for so long....it's built up my faith level to a point where....even if my faith diminished....i would still have a great amount of faith in my Lord.....
Jah Loves....
Jah Loves....
Jah Loves...
Yeah,yeah,yeah!

ZION1010 09-21-2003 10:59 PM

Some people need a good church to stay closer to god my point is do you really need it to stay in touch with god some our strongrer than others and need a place to fellowship with others..im not 100 percent...against churches...i guess i wanna people to get to know the lord and kept that feeling that some get out of church...with theme always in or out its doors.....god bless ya

facelessman 09-21-2003 11:16 PM

i think its important to gather with people of your same beliefs, so i do go to church every sunday

ZION1010 09-21-2003 11:54 PM

well good for you just keep gathering if thats what makes you happy my brother....god bless ya

Dogstar 09-23-2003 12:57 AM

I believe in God, but I don't participate in organized religion for a multitude of reasons. I was raised in a strict Catholic home and found that guilt-based religion was not for me. I don't mean to offend any Catholics, but the negatives (and there were many) far outweighed the positives for me. I think it's great for people to share their beliefs and commune and all, but I get just as much spiritual nourishment, if not more, with a nice walk in the woods, a coastal stroll, or seeing God through the children than from worshiping with others. But that's just me :D.

ZION1010 09-23-2003 01:12 AM

I hear ya

mysacrifice411 09-23-2003 11:08 AM

I understand what you're saying, Dogstar, but there are a LOT of other religions out there besides Catholicism!

Dogstar 09-23-2003 12:35 PM

Oh, I know that, mysacrifice411. I just don't feel I need a building to worship.

ZION1010 09-23-2003 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Oh, I know that, mysacrifice411. I just don't feel I need a building to worship.

praise the lord but if someone has found a church were there soul can be feed that is blessing..but my lord said the kingdome of god is inside you and all around you

facelessman 09-24-2003 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZION1010
well   good   for   you   just   keep   gathering   if    thats   what    makes   you   happy   my   brother....god   bless  ya

i willl thanks for your support

ZION1010 09-25-2003 12:52 AM

your very welcome

MrSeeker 09-25-2003 01:20 AM

: )

ZION1010 09-25-2003 11:32 AM

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; i like doing that

mysacrifice411 09-25-2003 12:09 PM

Dogstar, it's not the BUILDING that makes it church... It's a lot of things: the fellowshipping with others who share your beliefs, the desire to hear the word of God, the desire to learn how to improve your own life, the willingness to put aside worldly things on the Sabbath Day (that we are commanded to keep Holy), the willingness to show sacrifice to the Lord and go when you could be doing other things... etc.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but a lot of people think that just GOING is enough... we're not supposed to go to check it off a list, we're there to learn and grow.

Torn Signs 09-25-2003 05:09 PM

I just wanted to reply that it is not doing good deeds in life that gets you up there, the bible says that, it's faith. Sry if this was repeated or w/e ...my times short.

Peace out. ;)