CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A Guitar Hero was Murdered last nite... Dec 8th (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8124)

AndrewFromABRox 12-09-2004 10:16 PM

My radio station had a moment of silence for darrell and played save me by damageplan, i thought was awesome.

shiver 12-10-2004 12:18 AM

I heard news a couple times earlier in the day about a band, and people being shot and killed. Unfortunatly, I was listening to a country radio station, so they didn't go too much into detail. I got home and got on the net, and there it was. I couldn't believe it. I'm not a fan, I believe the man was an incredibly skilled guitarist, but it was shocking. I called a friend and asked him his thoughts. All he could say was that it was unbelievable. I said this is like what happened to Lennon. Some crazy fan, distraught about something, taking whatever problem they have, out on innocent people. Everybody needs to remember all the families involved, and pray for their hurting souls.

Dogstar 12-10-2004 12:55 AM

Right on, shiver. I hardly listen to the radio anymore, but on the way home from work, I put on WMMR in Philly, in the hopes they might have some more info on the whole mess and they were playing the second of two Pantera songs. They were having a radiothon to raise money for food kitchens in Philly and such and it was a request-athon type thing. So who calls in but David Draiman from Disturbed. He talked about Dimebag and said the sweetest things about him. He talked about what a big heart Dimebag had and how he wasn't happy unless everyone around him was having as good a time as he was. He loved life, people and playing the guitar. You could tell Draiman was really upset. It made me cry, listening to him.

Sincirr 12-10-2004 12:59 AM

One time when he was playing, he kept turning his back to the audience when he was soloing. I got his attentino and asked him to turn around so we could watch. He seemed like a pretty humble guy, but he did it. I looked him in the eye and said thankyou. I wish I never got that connection now cos I just keep seeing his eyes. Sorry if I sound real soppy, but I just found out. Hope I dont regret writing this.

My friend recons that it was a pantera fan that did it. He recons that there is a testimony from a witness on these
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20...amageplan.html
I cant open it.

jarofsap 12-10-2004 01:09 AM

you know what's sick? I found out about it by watching Imus this morning, and those Ivy League jerks were laughing about it. They said his name is "Body Bag Darrell" now.

:mad1:

Dogstar 12-10-2004 01:15 AM

That's just cruel. I hate the world sometimes.

Higher_Desire 12-10-2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Where'd you find that article?? Who was the other one?? :confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarofsap
you know what's sick? I found out about it by watching Imus this morning, and those Ivy League jerks were laughing about it. They said his name is "Body Bag Darrell" now.
:mad1:

Now that's just pathetic. :mad:

H-D :pimp:

Chase 12-10-2004 02:05 AM

May Dimbag rest in piece.

RMadd 12-10-2004 02:10 AM

that's too bad about what happened. can't say i was ever a huge Damageplan fan (never really listened to 'em, that's why), but it's just awful when a big-time musician dies, whether by shooting or accident. people are just too damn messed up these days. no common sense at all.

Trimontana 12-10-2004 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
One time when he was playing, he kept turning his back to the audience when he was soloing. I got his attentino and asked him to turn around so we could watch. He seemed like a pretty humble guy, but he did it. I looked him in the eye and said thankyou. I wish I never got that connection now cos I just keep seeing his eyes. Sorry if I sound real soppy, but I just found out. Hope I dont regret writing this.

My friend recons that it was a pantera fan that did it. He recons that there is a testimony from a witness on these
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20...amageplan.html
I cant open it.

Wooooowww i canīt say a word....
I think Tremonti was a huge fan of him........R..I.P.

Shagrath 12-10-2004 10:05 AM

Dimebag was a guitaring genius
one of if not the best Metal guitarist in our history
his heavy sound was and still is awesome
may you rest in peace Darrel Abbott

tremonti4life04 12-10-2004 11:54 AM

You know what the one thiing that really angers me about this situation? Its the fact that when Biggie and 2Pac died, thats all you saw, everywhere, all over mtv and vh1. When the most influential guitarist in thrash metal history dies, getting shot 5 times on stage doing the thing he loves, mtv and vh1 dont give a rats ass about it. I guess you gotta be a major rap star to get any airtime, I bet you if the lead singer for one of these little pop/punk bands got shot on stage, mtv and vh1 wouldnt stop talking about it

Dogstar 12-10-2004 12:04 PM

I hear ya, tremontiforlife04. It took the morons a whole day to even mention Dimebag's name. It wasn't as if the information wasn't out there, either. It was all over the net an hour or two after it happened. Not to mention that four people died. Office shootings get more coverage. It all goes back to a lack of respect/interest for anything that isn't *mainstream*.

Shagrath 12-10-2004 04:04 PM

tremonti4life04: i also noticed it, at mtv news, they didnt mention anything about it ,but they can mention that lindsay lohan breaked her relationship with the guy that plays fez in 70s show. that really pisses me off

Wylde-Tremonti 12-10-2004 05:11 PM

You Guys they aren't being TOTALLY INSENSITIVE...
This Saturday MTV2's having a Special Head Bangers Ball in Honor of him...