CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Movies (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5925)

Mulletman 02-21-2004 10:52 PM

Movies

I was wondering if anyone here is going to watch The Passion? Im going to watch because it looks interesting. I was brought up Catholic so naturally im scarred and all the jesus movies were the happy, disney versions. So to have one of this nature is rather cool. Im going to watch it. Even though it has the title, The Passion, i know if I try something ill be stricken to eternal damnation. Like that Seifleld episode where jerry makes out durring Schindler's List.

Also, theres a movie coming out this summer with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley called King Arthur. I always loved the King Arthur stories and this would hopefully be as good as it looks. If you dont know who clive Owen is, he is the hero in the BMW Films mini movies. Hes also been Godsford Park, The Borne Identity, Beyond Borders, Ill Sleep When Im Dead, and others. King Arthur is a movie that I am very interested in watching.

Those are mine, so what are yours?

TeriB19 02-21-2004 10:56 PM

Dying to see Mystic River. Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Tim Robbins and directed by Clint Eastwood. Definitely on my "to see" list.

Dogstar 02-21-2004 11:24 PM

Yeah, Mystic River's on my list, too. Not sure about the Passion of the Christ. Movies hyped as much as this one has been usually fall short for me. I think I'd be into the King Arthur flick as well. And there's one coming out with Andy Garcia and others, whose names escape me, that looks like a thriller that I definitely want to check out.

farmgirl 02-22-2004 08:22 AM

Yeah, I'll be going to see "The Passion of the Christ", the theatre near me is selling advance tickets for that already.

I just saw "Mystic River" last night and it's an awesome movie, Penn's acting is incredible in it.

marlsy 02-22-2004 01:07 PM

I can't wait to see The Passion. I know two movies NOT to see are Intolerable Cruelty and Lost in Translation,,,,,,,, Those movies are sooooo bad........4 hours of my life i'll never get back!!

I also want to see Mystic River and Cold Mountain really bad!!!! I'm wondering if that movie coming out with Brad Pitt in it is going to be any good? I think it's Troy or something like that??

RMadd 02-22-2004 05:48 PM

The Passion looks pretty good, I'll prolly end up seeing it.
Also, Hidalgo looks like a pretty good movie. I guess b/c I'm sorta into historically-based movies (Saving Pvt. Ryan, etc.)
Cold Mountain and Troy also appear to be very worthy views (again, history).

Mulletman 02-22-2004 06:12 PM

Yea, I think ill also be seeing Troy

Dogstar 02-22-2004 06:19 PM

Hidalgo! I think that was the one I was trying to think of before. It looks really good. I might have to check out Troy, too.

creed_freak 02-22-2004 11:43 PM

cannot wait to see the passion. i hear it is more graphic and violent then saving private ryan.

JulieCitySlicker 02-22-2004 11:48 PM

I want to see The Passion, might go when I get money :)

facelessman 02-23-2004 12:20 AM

idk about that...whats with the "r" rating on it?

Mulletman 02-23-2004 12:26 AM

there is an extremely large amount of voilence and gore in the passion

facelessman 02-23-2004 12:29 AM

no way!

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-23-2004 02:52 PM

I'm definitely gonna see The Passion. I'm one of those people who needs to see what all the hype is about. Really want to see Mystic River and Alexander(Colin's in it yummyy!!)
Also would like to check out Troy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
And there's one coming out with Andy Garcia and others, whose names escape me, that looks like a thriller that I definitely want to check out.

Are you talking about the one with Ashely Judd and Samuel Jackson?? That looks really good. I believe it's called Twisted