CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How did you get your name? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=252)

Aimee 10-15-2002 11:14 PM

How did you get your name?

Just curious, how do you go about choosing your screenname? Is it something meaningful to you (addicted2stapp;) ) or was it the only thing you could think of at the time?

creedfaner 10-15-2002 11:15 PM

its my universal name.

TeriB19 10-15-2002 11:18 PM

When I first joined the original Creedfeed bb, I was young and stupid. I thought your screen name was your screen name for the internet (aol name ect.) but when we had to reregister in June I decided on my nickname and last initial (incase another Teri joined) and my lucky number has always been 19. Got married on May 19.

GoodGodGirl23 10-15-2002 11:19 PM

Someone once said to me...Good God Girl!!! and the 23 is the age my boy Ian was when he went up to Heaven:( :embarass:

hayley 10-15-2002 11:23 PM

yes! mine's meaningful!!!!!!!!;)
i catually got it off another creed site, having a look as a guest on the forums, and saw...Addicted2Tremonti...so that's how i got mine...i couldn't think of anything else! plus, it's true.;)

Dogstar 10-15-2002 11:29 PM

I've always enjoyed a little recreational stargazing and loved the nickname (Dogstar) for Sirius, the brightest star in the sky. It's in the constellation Canis major (greater dog).

Aimee 10-16-2002 12:03 AM

Mine's so boring compared to y'all!
My name is Amy and I've always wished it was spelled Aimee.
Plus, I guess after lurking here, I felt less compelled to make up stranger one.
Good God Girl! Heee! When you 'my boy' do you mean your friend, your man or your son?

GoodGodGirl23 10-16-2002 12:11 AM

my son ... took his life at 23.:(

hayley 10-16-2002 12:33 AM

hey Amiee, (amy, whatever;) ) i wish my name was spelt with an e aswel...Haylee...i like that way better.

souldancer 10-16-2002 12:46 AM

Souldancer is symbolic to me as it reminds me to embrace and express the full passion of Life. Also, it represents a synthesis of my husband's fav motto "Dance with Life" and mine "EarthSoul".

souldancer 10-16-2002 12:48 AM

Aimee, great topic for a thread! Feeling like I am getting to know and enjoying these great people more and more...! :)

Dogstar 10-16-2002 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
<b> Souldancer is symbolic to me as it reminds me to embrace and express the full passion of Life. &nbsp;Also, it represents a synthesis of my husband's &nbsp;fav motto "Dance with Life" and mine &nbsp;"EarthSoul". </b>

Beautiful!

Yes, Aimee. Excellent thread.

Lady Valkyrie 10-16-2002 10:44 AM

"Lady" because I love the stories surrounding King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, and The Mists of Avalon.

"Valkyrie" because I love reading Norse mythology and I totally love the motorcyle called Valkyrie.

CollectiveSoul 10-16-2002 04:12 PM

The name Collective Soul comes from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.The main character in the novel refers to mankind as a 'collective soul.That struck me as being very correct - we are all a Collective Soul. I also found a band name caleld collectgie sould and i like them alot s othere are two reasons why.

Unforgiven Fan 10-16-2002 05:08 PM

mine as two meanings....

in a literal sence, I like the song Unforgiven and I am a fan of Creed...

but if you go deeper, I am atheist so there for some religious freaks I meet say I am unforigiven...

Siana 10-17-2002 10:13 AM

Well,my name is Siana,I thing it sounds nice,so I thought there is no need to choose another screename.

Aimee 10-17-2002 10:52 AM

Names

originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
Quote:

and I totally love the motorcyle called Valkyrie.

I KNEW it!!!

originally posted by Siana
Quote:

Well,my name is Siana,I thing it sounds nice,so I thought there is no need to choose another screename.

:glasses:

Siana 10-17-2002 11:04 AM

:angel:

Aimee 10-17-2002 07:08 PM

Well?

Read JDM, CandyLady, Weathered, Pittock, Scutley, yurmommarocks sp?, Jingle Jangle JANGO???
Oh... Mulletman! Do you really have a mullet?
And I'd like to call in Marcos to the Boardroom with the Map.

Scutley 10-17-2002 08:42 PM

Re: Well?

Quote:

Originally posted by Aimee
Read JDM, CandyLady, Weathered, Pittock, Scutley, yurmommarocks sp?, Jingle Jangle JANGO??? &nbsp;
Oh... Mulletman! &nbsp;Do you really have a mullet? &nbsp;
And I'd like to call in Marcos to the Boardroom with the Map.

what do you want again? I got my name from my swim club and it catched on to school, to everywhere.

Vote on my profile on AIM screename is Scutley

thecandylady 10-17-2002 08:49 PM

My real name is Candi........ And of course i'm a lady...... An old friend of mine used to call me The Candy Lady......:roll:

Pittock 10-17-2002 08:55 PM

Pittock is my married name. So I use it as my screen name.

TeriB19 10-17-2002 11:32 PM

My husband thought Pittock's screenname was in reference to a Klingon thing in Star Trek. :nutty:

Mulletman 10-17-2002 11:45 PM

i got the name mulletman because i always point out the people with mullets and no i dont have one. but i use mulletman alot because its also my hacker name. im rather good at it and i can do more than anyone can imagine.....

souldancer 10-18-2002 12:38 AM

mullets, like fish?

hayley 10-18-2002 01:58 AM

lol...mullet's like in hairdo.;)

Dogstar 10-18-2002 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Siana

A beautiful name!:)

souldancer 10-18-2002 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by addicted2stapp
lol...mullet's like in hairdo.;)

Oh, sorry - I don't get out much...:embarass:

Dogstar 10-18-2002 03:27 AM

LOL, mullet dos are apparently very popular in Pittsburgh. I went to a Pirates game earlier this year and in between innings there was a "spot the mullet" in the stands contest. They put up famous people on the jumbotron and superimposed mullet dos on them. One of them was Richard Gere. It was hysterical. And then, the cameras pan the crowd and pick out the mullethead. It was a scream. They found a guy and plastered his face and mullethead on the screen, and everybody had a good laugh. It was a riot.

Siana 10-18-2002 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
A beautiful name!:)

thank you!you make me blush ;)

Siana 10-18-2002 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mulletman
i got the name mulletman because i always point out the people with mullets and no i dont have one. but i use mulletman alot because its also my hacker name. im rather good at it and i can do more than anyone can imagine.....

sure baby ;)

Mulletman 10-18-2002 01:01 PM

whats? you dont believe me?

TeriB19 10-18-2002 01:04 PM

I've seen you, and just trying to imagine you with a mullet is making me crack up.:P

Lady Valkyrie 10-18-2002 01:52 PM

Maybe his name should be Neo .... LMBO!!!

GoodGodGirl23 10-18-2002 04:57 PM

Quote:

whats? you dont believe me?

Whah exactly can yer do?:confused: crack codes?:confused:

Mulletman 10-18-2002 09:06 PM

anyone can crack code, thats why there are programers... what i can do is penetrate networks and not to destroy anything but just to see what i can find.

GoodGodGirl23 10-18-2002 09:22 PM

Quote:

anyone can crack code, thats why there are programers... what i can do is penetrate networks and not to destroy anything but just to see what i can find.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The only way I know what the word "Penetrate" means is...uh...heh!....anyhoo...but uh networks?and not destroy anything?:confused: computer illiterate here I guess...:embarass:

Lady Valkyrie 10-18-2002 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
:confused: :confused: :confused: computer illiterate here I guess...:embarass:

Yeah me too.

TeriB19 10-18-2002 11:45 PM

Translation from one computer illiterate to others:
Open window into warehouse of info, pilfer through files, see what's juicy inside, sneak back out of window, close it and wipe off fingerprints. Penetrate networks.

Altair 10-19-2002 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
I've always enjoyed a little recreational stargazing and loved the nickname (Dogstar) for Sirius, the brightest star in the sky. It's in the constellation Canis major (greater dog).

You cannot be sirius!

I love the dogstar. Well, while you picked the brightest one, I picked the um...well...mine is the most...um..I guess mine doesn't have such a distinction, but it sure looks cool in the summer.

Altair, for the "space"cially illiterate is a star of the summer triangle. It's also part of the constellation Aquila, the eagle. It means the flying one. I picked it because I've finally reached that point in life where I feel I'm no longer grounded by my demons (fears, worries, uncertainties). I've been freed and am soaring higher. The demons have become my angels as they make me complete. You have to embrace all that you are and then let go.
:angel: