CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   my top ten bands.. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10718)

inside_us_all04 03-19-2006 02:48 AM

my top ten bands..

1.Alice In Chains
2.Creed/Scott Stapp
3.Alanis Morisette (very sorry if the spelling is off)
4.Staind
5.NIN
6.Warrant
7.REM
8.Niel Young
9.Dido
10.Hootie and the blowfish

Dogstar 03-19-2006 03:33 AM

Re: my top ten bands..

Love your avatar :thumbsup:

Muad'Dib 03-19-2006 08:12 AM

1. NIN
2. Tool
3. Something For Kate
4. Creed
5. A Perfect Circle
6. Jimmy Eat World
7. Stone Temple Pilots
8. Soundgarden
9. Katie Melua
10.Metallica

Prob 1 or 2 I forgot.

Dogstar 03-19-2006 05:30 PM

Yeah, I have a hard time narrowing anything to 10, but of late, this is what I have been into the most:

AIC/Jerry Cantrell
NIN
Floater
Tool/APC
Led Zeppelin
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
Metallica
Jeff Buckley
Rage Against The Machine

GregS 03-19-2006 05:46 PM

For me its proberly..

Creed / Stapp
Alter Bridge
Logan
Megadeth
Alice In Chains
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen
Bryan Adams
Shinedown
3 doors down

Well thats my top 10 at moment anyway.

facelessmike 03-19-2006 08:59 PM

1 - Creed
2 (tie) - Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp
4 - The Beatles
5 - Green Day
6 - Aerosmith
7 - Metallica
8 - Submersed
9 - Nirvana
10 - Live

...or Creed could just be 1-10. ;)

bilal 03-21-2006 10:59 AM

1 - guns n' roses
2 - alter bridge
3 - led zepplin
4 - creed
5 - Audio slave
6 - nirvana
7 - iron maiden
8 - Judas preist
9 - Metallica
10- tool

Anna1011 03-21-2006 11:29 AM

1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Logan
3. Alter Bridge
4. Aiden
5. Four Star Mary
6. Three Days Grace
7. Bullet For My Valentine
8. Foofighters
9. Fall out boy
10. Panic! at the disco

Chase 03-21-2006 03:58 PM

1. Oasis
2. Pearl Jam
3. Lifehouse
4. Silverchair
5. Nirvana
6. JET
7. Arctic Monkeys
8. Audioslave/Soundgarden
9. Razorlight
10. The Verve

*Edit* I forgot to put Blindside in this list.

Ana4Stapp 03-21-2006 04:27 PM

1- U2
2- Oasis
3- Mayfield Four
4-Audioslave
5-Alter Bridge
6-Foo Fighters
7-Led Zeppelin
8-Creed
9-Doors
10- Pearl Jam

And more: Coldplay...

Anna1011 03-21-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
1. Oasis
2. Pearl Jam
3. Lifehouse
4. Silverchair
5. Nirvana
6. JET
7. Arctic Monkeys
8. Audioslave/Soundgarden
9. Razorlight
10. The Verve

my bro knows AM he used to book gigs for them back when they were getting started.

The Lithium 03-21-2006 04:45 PM

1. Alter Bridge
2. Creed
3. Metallica
4. Submersed
5. Audioslave
6. System Of A Down
7. U2
8. Atomship
9. Bullet For My Valentine
10. Blowsight
--------------
11. Incubus
12. Staind
13. The Mayfield Four
14. Nickelback
15. Shinedown
16. Scott Stapp

Chase 03-23-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
my bro knows AM he used to book gigs for them back when they were getting started.

That's awesome... I know that they're from Sheffield... is that where you're from? I'm very impressed with Arctic Monkeys and it's amazing that they're only like 19 and 20 years old.

Anna1011 03-23-2006 04:36 PM

im from Chesterfield which is like a 15 minute train journey from sheffield :)

think hes still in touch with the lead singer.

eusebioCBR 03-23-2006 07:39 PM

Creed
Alter Bridge
Chevelle
Pod
Rage Against The Machine
Slipknot
Ramones
Disturbed
Beastie Boys
Suicidal Tendencies
or any punk music from the 80s Cirkle Jerks, Screeching Weasel, Descendents.....................

Robin101 03-23-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

That's awesome... I know that they're from Sheffield... is that where you're from? I'm very impressed with Arctic Monkeys and it's amazing that they're only like 19 and 20 years old.

Sorry, can't stand the AM. When I first heard When The Sun Goes Down on the radio I honestly thought it was a jingle to advertise a bank (lyrics - something, something...credit card...something, something)

I always thought America had a great understanding of good music but after Coldplay, now Arctic Monkeys and even....James F****** Blunt:mad1: getting to Number One I have my doubts.

JAMES F****** BLUNT!!!:mad1: (his voice/lyrics...shudder)

Anna1011 03-24-2006 03:30 AM

atleast you dont have Chico yet or do you hmmmmm gawd hes awful!!!

"what time is it? its Chico time!" yeah i dont think so mate

Robin101 03-24-2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
atleast you dont have Chico yet or do you hmmmmm gawd hes awful!!!

"what time is it? its Chico time!" yeah i dont think so mate

Chico!!:mad1: :mad1: What The F***!! I must destroy all those who support him!!

[edited to add another :mad1:]

Anna1011 03-24-2006 01:12 PM

i fuckin hate him!!!! hes just pisses me off soooooo much!!

JulieCitySlicker 03-25-2006 05:36 PM

1. Switchfoot
2Greenwheel
3. Default
4.Saliva
5. Matchbox 20
6.Linkin Park
7.. Strata
8.l 3 Doors Down
9.Disturbed
10. Stained

not in any real order either.

Unforgiven Fan 03-26-2006 12:23 AM

1) Cross Candian Ragweed
2) Alison Krauss and Union Station
3) Cold
4) Staind
5) 3 Doors Down
6) Metallica
7) Tool
8) Lacuna Coil
9) Finger Eleven
10) King Crimson

Alter Bridge is 14 (might get higher if they release a hevier and better 2nd album) , Creed is about 17...use to rank Creed higher but Prison is the only album I listen to now...

inside_us_all04 03-26-2006 03:50 AM

I also like lifehouse, and james blunt....

DangerousDan85 03-26-2006 05:58 AM

hmmm, lets see

- STP
- Creed
- Our Lady Peace
- Alice in Chains
- Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp Show
- Godsmack
- Shinedown
- Seether
- Disturbed
- Tantric

Chase 03-27-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Sorry, can't stand the AM. When I first heard When The Sun Goes Down on the radio I honestly thought it was a jingle to advertise a bank (lyrics - something, something...credit card...something, something)

I always thought America had a great understanding of good music but after Coldplay, now Arctic Monkeys and even....James F****** Blunt:mad1: getting to Number One I have my doubts.

JAMES F****** BLUNT!!!:mad1: (his voice/lyrics...shudder)

The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Robin101 03-29-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Even though I'm not an avid fan of a majority of the bands you mentioned, I do respect their achievements. They have obviously represented us extremely well.

I realize that AM aren't number 1 - I was refering to James Blunt (shudder).
Arctic Monkeys, in many peoples eyes, are the best thing to happen to music in years - their lyrical skills have even been described as 'Dickensian'. They're just not my cup of tea.

Oasis - sorry just not a big fan of Liam. He's a great 'rock character' but again, just not my cup of tea. He made this statement recently "Oasis may not be the biggest band in the world, but we're the best band in the world and the best band deserve the best singer in the world". Mmmm...not too sure about that. He also said, if I remember correctly, U2 'don't even know who they are anymore' and the Rolling Stones 'make crap music'. Noel Gallagher - very talented.

I'm not a fan of Chris Martin's voice. However, I do respect their music and I quite like Clocks.

As for The Libertines (or Babyshambles), enjoy while you can. Pete Doherty is a real ticking time bomb - makes Stapp look like Cliff Richard!

Oh well....You're an American who enjoys Brit Pop/Rock, I'm a Brit who enjoys American Rock. Music makes the world go round and it would be quite a boring world if we all liked the same music.

Take Care

metalchris25 04-06-2006 08:49 AM

1. Metallica- nobody does it better (St. Anger excluded.)
2. Pind Floyd- may be a reunion
3. Creed- Hands down the best band in the last decade
4. Zepplin- godz
5. eric clapton- anyone with a guitar should not be without Riding with the King. Two guitarists of the highest caliber, just doesnt get any better.
6. SRV- GUITAR GENIUS
7. Nickelback- yes, nickelback
8. nirvana- RIP Kurt 4-8-94
9. 2pac Shakur- possibly the best poet of our generation
10. Third Day- because theyre Third Day

Mr. Seeker 04-12-2006 05:45 PM

1. Creed/ Scott Stapp (of course)
2. 3 Doors Down (the Away from the Sun album rules!)
3. Nickelback
4. Staind
5. Goo Goo Dolls
6. Audioslave- also Soundgarden
7. Foo Fighters
8. Stone Temple Pilots- miss them
9. Matchbox 20
10. Breaking Benjiman

HuMaN~ClAy 04-12-2006 10:42 PM

1. Creed
2. Alterbridge / Scott Stapp (weird how people are grouping them but i'll continue)
3. Coldplay (completely different from everything else but they're amazing)
4. Shinedown
5. Breaking Benjamin
6. Audioslave / Sound Garden / Rage
7. Tool / A Perfect Circle
8. Metallica
9. Our Lady Peace
10. Linkin Park

might not actually be my top ten, but they're 10 (actually 14) artists i listen to all the time... and that's in no particular order.

Actually, it's interesting to see how many people haven't listed Creed... seems like an obvious one. Then again this isn't in the Creed section so i shouldn't be so surprised.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2006 08:54 PM

1. Alter Bridge
2. Black Label Society/Zakk Wylde/Pride & Glory
3. Dream Theater/John Petrucci Solo/Liquid Tension Expirament
4. P.O.D.
5. Metallica
6. Steve Vai
7. Third Day
8. Paul Gilbert/Racer X/Mr. Big
9. Alice In Chains/Jerry Cantrell
10. (at this very Moment) U2

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
1. Metallica- nobody does it better (St. Anger excluded.)
2. Pind Floyd- may be a reunion
3. Creed- Hands down the best band in the last decade
4. Zepplin- godz
5. eric clapton- anyone with a guitar should not be without Riding with the King. Two guitarists of the highest caliber, just doesnt get any better.
6. SRV- GUITAR GENIUS
7. Nickelback- yes, nickelback
8. nirvana- RIP Kurt 4-8-94
9. 2pac Shakur- possibly the best poet of our generation
10. Third Day- because theyre Third Day

Hell Yeah Third Day! I saw them in concert like 2 weeks ago! They Rock! I play in a praise band and we always play "God Of Wonders"

Lunar Shadow 04-14-2006 05:05 AM

1. U2
2. Tool
3. System OF A Down
4. Tori Amos
5. The Living End
6. Ill Nino
7. In Flames
8. Breaking Benjamin
9. Johnny Cash
10.Seether

* this is at the moment and is subject to change with out notice

**EDIT

ones I forgot to put up
The Mars Volta
Shinedown (I am Really diggin them right now)
The White Stripes (for some reason I can't hate them Jack White is Brilliant)

Chase 04-14-2006 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow
1. U2
2. Tool
3. System OF A Down
4. Tori Amos
5. The Living End
6. Ill Nino
7. In Flames
8. Breaking Benjamin
9. Johnny Cash
10.Seether

* this is at the moment and is subject to change with out notice

**EDIT

ones I forgot to put up
The Mars Volta
Shinedown (I am Really diggin them right now)
The White Stripes (for some reason I can't hate them Jack White is Brilliant)

The Living End is amazing live. Seether is great as well... I've met them a few times. I love The White Stripes...

Good job including Johnny Cash... my grandfather actually knew him and I can honestly say that was not only a great musician, but also a great guy.

Also, don't take this the wrong way... but I find it interesting that a self-proclaimed atheist like yourself listens to quite a few spiritual bands/artists. It intrigues me for some reason.

metalchris25 04-14-2006 07:46 AM

I, too, am glad to see another Cash fan here, and you're right, Jack is brilliant.

Kutless- I'm really into these guys right now.
Metallica
David Gilmour
Warren Zevon
Eric Clapton
Creed
Skynyrd
David Allan Coe
Exodus
SRV

Lunar Shadow 04-14-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Also, don't take this the wrong way... but I find it interesting that a self-proclaimed atheist like yourself listens to quite a few spiritual bands/artists. It intrigues me for some reason.

Here is something to think about.... Do you like Tool? or APC? they represent a compleatly Atheistic ideal if you do like or listened to them well then there is your answer.... there is an art quality to music doen't matter if it is spiritual or not (just as long as it doesn't get preachy)

Ana4Stapp 04-17-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
1- U2
2- Oasis
3- Mayfield Four
4-Audioslave
5-Alter Bridge
6-Foo Fighters
7-Led Zeppelin
8-Creed
9-Doors
10- Pearl Jam

And more: Coldplay...

Just to add my new 'passion': The Strokes. ;)

Ana4Stapp 04-17-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

Well ...(as everybody knows) I can easily dislike your views in politics -lol- but your knowledge in (Good) music really impresses me!!! ;)

Robin101 04-19-2006 06:31 PM

I really couldn't think where else to put this comment. With a few mentions of Coldplay I decided to put it here.

I can't believe Chris 'Coldplay' Matin and his boring, miserable wife (they're made for each other!!) called their newborn child, wait for it.......Moses.

I can't help but say his name and have a wry chuckle...Moses Martin.

Chase 04-25-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
I really couldn't think where else to put this comment. With a few mentions of Coldplay I decided to put it here.

I can't believe Chris 'Coldplay' Matin and his boring, miserable wife (they're made for each other!!) called their newborn child, wait for it.......Moses.

I can't help but say his name and have a wry chuckle...Moses Martin.

I think that Coldplay's music is progessival getting worse... however, that doesn't diminish the fact that Chris Martin is a good musician. "Parachutes," in my opinion, is a borderline masterpiece. I think that it's one of the best debut albums in the history of British rock. Right up there with the Beatles, with the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Oasis, and a litany of other amazing artists.

But like I said before... the current wave of British bands are just way better than a great deal of newer American bands, simply put. Don't get me wrong, American rock isn't dead... we still have The Strokes, Eagles of Death Metal, The Redwalls... but as a whole, the music scene out here is plagued with unoriginal emo/pop punk bands, horrible screamo/hardcore bands, and bands from the Deep South who blatantly rip off Nirvana.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... newer British/Irish bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines/Babyshambles, Kasabian, Razorlight, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Darkness, Muse, Nine Black Alps, The Subways, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Zutons, Editors, The Dead 60s, and Hard-Fi are pulling rock out of the gutter. Some of them are carrying the torch that's been passed down from Oasis, The Verve, Blur, Radiohead, and even Coldplay to an extent.

Robin101 04-26-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

I think that Coldplay's music is progessival getting worse... however, that doesn't diminish the fact that Chris Martin is a good musician. "Parachutes," in my opinion, is a borderline masterpiece. I think that it's one of the best debut albums in the history of British rock. Right up there with the Beatles, with the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Oasis, and a litany of other amazing artists.

But like I said before... the current wave of British bands are just way better than a great deal of newer American bands, simply put. Don't get me wrong, American rock isn't dead... we still have The Strokes, Eagles of Death Metal, The Redwalls... but as a whole, the music scene out here is plagued with unoriginal emo/pop punk bands, horrible screamo/hardcore bands, and bands from the Deep South who blatantly rip off Nirvana.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... newer British/Irish bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines/Babyshambles, Kasabian, Razorlight, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Darkness, Muse, Nine Black Alps, The Subways, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Zutons, Editors, The Dead 60s, and Hard-Fi are pulling rock out of the gutter. Some of them are carrying the torch that's been passed down from Oasis, The Verve, Blur, Radiohead, and even Coldplay to an extent.

Wow....I'm impressed with your knowledge of British music - I don't know a majority of the bands you mentioned in the final paragraph. I'll have to check 'em out.

Actually, I have noticed a 'changing of the guard' on British radio - British bands are now far more in demand. Of the American bands, Green Day and Maroon 5 get a fair amount of airplay.

I can understand how Creed became so disliked in the States despite their obvious popularity. A simple dislike for a band can grow into hatred when their music, due to popular demand, is constantly being shoved down your throat. Everytime I turn on the radio it's Coldplay (or James Blunt). However, as I 've stated before, I do appreciate their talent. I can say the same about Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Blur etc.

nagpo 04-26-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
hmmm, lets see

- STP
- Creed
- Our Lady Peace
- Alice in Chains
- Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp Show
- Godsmack
- Shinedown