CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   my top ten bands.. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10718)

Lunar Shadow 04-14-2006 05:05 AM

Re: my top ten bands..

1. U2
2. Tool
3. System OF A Down
4. Tori Amos
5. The Living End
6. Ill Nino
7. In Flames
8. Breaking Benjamin
9. Johnny Cash
10.Seether

* this is at the moment and is subject to change with out notice

**EDIT

ones I forgot to put up
The Mars Volta
Shinedown (I am Really diggin them right now)
The White Stripes (for some reason I can't hate them Jack White is Brilliant)

Chase 04-14-2006 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow
1. U2
2. Tool
3. System OF A Down
4. Tori Amos
5. The Living End
6. Ill Nino
7. In Flames
8. Breaking Benjamin
9. Johnny Cash
10.Seether

* this is at the moment and is subject to change with out notice

**EDIT

ones I forgot to put up
The Mars Volta
Shinedown (I am Really diggin them right now)
The White Stripes (for some reason I can't hate them Jack White is Brilliant)

The Living End is amazing live. Seether is great as well... I've met them a few times. I love The White Stripes...

Good job including Johnny Cash... my grandfather actually knew him and I can honestly say that was not only a great musician, but also a great guy.

Also, don't take this the wrong way... but I find it interesting that a self-proclaimed atheist like yourself listens to quite a few spiritual bands/artists. It intrigues me for some reason.

metalchris25 04-14-2006 07:46 AM

I, too, am glad to see another Cash fan here, and you're right, Jack is brilliant.

Kutless- I'm really into these guys right now.
Metallica
David Gilmour
Warren Zevon
Eric Clapton
Creed
Skynyrd
David Allan Coe
Exodus
SRV

Lunar Shadow 04-14-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Also, don't take this the wrong way... but I find it interesting that a self-proclaimed atheist like yourself listens to quite a few spiritual bands/artists. It intrigues me for some reason.

Here is something to think about.... Do you like Tool? or APC? they represent a compleatly Atheistic ideal if you do like or listened to them well then there is your answer.... there is an art quality to music doen't matter if it is spiritual or not (just as long as it doesn't get preachy)

Ana4Stapp 04-17-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
1- U2
2- Oasis
3- Mayfield Four
4-Audioslave
5-Alter Bridge
6-Foo Fighters
7-Led Zeppelin
8-Creed
9-Doors
10- Pearl Jam

And more: Coldplay...

Just to add my new 'passion': The Strokes. ;)

Ana4Stapp 04-17-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

The Arctic Monkeys aren't even number 1 in the States. Nevertheless, they're a lot more innovative than some second rate nu metal band... or some whiny emo group. Actually, Britain hasn't really produce any successful bands in America since the mid 1990s with the arrival of Oasis, Blur, and the Verve. It wasn't until Coldplay that people actually started caring about what type of music was being created in Great Britain and Ireland. However, Brit pop and rock has always, and will always, be one of my favorite music genres. I mean, I will gladly take Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Libertines (or Babyshambles), Arctic Monkeys, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Travis, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, and a lot of other British/Irish bands and musicians over the rehashed crap that keeps making the airwaves over here.

Well ...(as everybody knows) I can easily dislike your views in politics -lol- but your knowledge in (Good) music really impresses me!!! ;)

Robin101 04-19-2006 06:31 PM

I really couldn't think where else to put this comment. With a few mentions of Coldplay I decided to put it here.

I can't believe Chris 'Coldplay' Matin and his boring, miserable wife (they're made for each other!!) called their newborn child, wait for it.......Moses.

I can't help but say his name and have a wry chuckle...Moses Martin.

Chase 04-25-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
I really couldn't think where else to put this comment. With a few mentions of Coldplay I decided to put it here.

I can't believe Chris 'Coldplay' Matin and his boring, miserable wife (they're made for each other!!) called their newborn child, wait for it.......Moses.

I can't help but say his name and have a wry chuckle...Moses Martin.

I think that Coldplay's music is progessival getting worse... however, that doesn't diminish the fact that Chris Martin is a good musician. "Parachutes," in my opinion, is a borderline masterpiece. I think that it's one of the best debut albums in the history of British rock. Right up there with the Beatles, with the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Oasis, and a litany of other amazing artists.

But like I said before... the current wave of British bands are just way better than a great deal of newer American bands, simply put. Don't get me wrong, American rock isn't dead... we still have The Strokes, Eagles of Death Metal, The Redwalls... but as a whole, the music scene out here is plagued with unoriginal emo/pop punk bands, horrible screamo/hardcore bands, and bands from the Deep South who blatantly rip off Nirvana.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... newer British/Irish bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines/Babyshambles, Kasabian, Razorlight, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Darkness, Muse, Nine Black Alps, The Subways, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Zutons, Editors, The Dead 60s, and Hard-Fi are pulling rock out of the gutter. Some of them are carrying the torch that's been passed down from Oasis, The Verve, Blur, Radiohead, and even Coldplay to an extent.

Robin101 04-26-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

I think that Coldplay's music is progessival getting worse... however, that doesn't diminish the fact that Chris Martin is a good musician. "Parachutes," in my opinion, is a borderline masterpiece. I think that it's one of the best debut albums in the history of British rock. Right up there with the Beatles, with the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Oasis, and a litany of other amazing artists.

But like I said before... the current wave of British bands are just way better than a great deal of newer American bands, simply put. Don't get me wrong, American rock isn't dead... we still have The Strokes, Eagles of Death Metal, The Redwalls... but as a whole, the music scene out here is plagued with unoriginal emo/pop punk bands, horrible screamo/hardcore bands, and bands from the Deep South who blatantly rip off Nirvana.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... newer British/Irish bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines/Babyshambles, Kasabian, Razorlight, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Darkness, Muse, Nine Black Alps, The Subways, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Zutons, Editors, The Dead 60s, and Hard-Fi are pulling rock out of the gutter. Some of them are carrying the torch that's been passed down from Oasis, The Verve, Blur, Radiohead, and even Coldplay to an extent.

Wow....I'm impressed with your knowledge of British music - I don't know a majority of the bands you mentioned in the final paragraph. I'll have to check 'em out.

Actually, I have noticed a 'changing of the guard' on British radio - British bands are now far more in demand. Of the American bands, Green Day and Maroon 5 get a fair amount of airplay.

I can understand how Creed became so disliked in the States despite their obvious popularity. A simple dislike for a band can grow into hatred when their music, due to popular demand, is constantly being shoved down your throat. Everytime I turn on the radio it's Coldplay (or James Blunt). However, as I 've stated before, I do appreciate their talent. I can say the same about Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, The Verve, Blur etc.

nagpo 04-26-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
hmmm, lets see

- STP
- Creed
- Our Lady Peace
- Alice in Chains
- Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp Show
- Godsmack
- Shinedown