CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Post From The Vh1 Creed Board (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5021)

Higher_Desire 11-24-2003 05:40 PM

A member of the VH1 Creed board (firebirdprof) posted this a couple of days ago. The details contained herein are supposidly from the mouth of one Mr. Paul Reed Smith. Yes, the same Paul Reed Smith who is the owner and founder of PRS (Paul Reed Smith) Guitars, who manufacture the PRS Tremonti and Tremonti SE. According to firebirdprof, he knows Paul Reed Smith and lives near him. He says it is not uncommon to see Mark come into the shop when he is in the area and when Mr. Smith is working.

Anyway, here is his post:
------------------------------------------
Truth about what Creed's doing

I've been away from here a long time but couldn't believe the rumors flying around. Here's what's going on. Trust me on this. Creed is working on a new album but not really all new. It's a Greatest hits with a few songs that have never been released. Scott Stapp is working on a solo project scheduled to be out sometime mid 2004 (Sorry I don't know exactly what the project is or entails). Lastly, Tremonti is working with his protege band, Submersed, and helping them to release their CD. I understand Scott Phillips is taking a break with his new baby. That's the truth! I wonder how these rumors get started anyway!!!! I have a source connected with the industry and I certainly wouldn't contribute to additional rumors. Hopefully this will stop the "chatter".
--------------------------------------------

H-D

Sheila63 11-24-2003 05:45 PM

Thanks for posting the info, Colin. :)

SCOTTSMYMAN 11-24-2003 05:46 PM

Hope it's the truth! Thanks for posting it Colin! Sounds alot better to than what we are hearing!!

facelessman 11-24-2003 05:47 PM

thanks for the info, dude. all this stuff is driving me crazy, ya know

Agent D 11-24-2003 06:17 PM

This is the most uplifting rumors i've heard in a while.

marlsy 11-24-2003 06:19 PM

That's really good news, I hope it's true!!

titanguy9 11-24-2003 06:25 PM

jeez it kinda makes sense, but wut about tremontis cd!

UnforgivenOne 11-24-2003 06:35 PM

Thanks for posting that.

JenRN 11-24-2003 06:46 PM

Who the hell knows what to believe anymore :dunno:

lifelovesoul 11-24-2003 07:15 PM

Thanks for that news. Really hope he knows what he's talking about.

hide 11-24-2003 07:56 PM

that seems to make sense and fits what Wind-Up and CreedInk have been telling us. But why would Paul Reed Smith contact someone on a VH1 bulletin board?

What is needed however to stop the chatter is something from the band, its label, management etc:

Higher_Desire 11-24-2003 07:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-titanguy9+11-24-2003 04:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titanguy9 @ 11-24-2003 04:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> jeez it kinda makes sense, but wut about tremontis cd! [/b][/quote]
My personal opinion about that, is that he really doesn't have a "solo CD" as much as he has a "solo project." Remember, even the press release on Creed's website says that Scott and Mark are working on "solo projects." His "project" being that of the Submursed CD, which we have been told previously will be out in 2004.

But once again, remember, this is just my opinion.

Another opinion [of mine] is that when Mark and his brother have said "it wasn't working out" or something to that effect, is that he was refering to the schedules of the band to either get together or make it into the studio. Hence, why they are releasing only a few new tracks, and a compilation of other stuff, since we had already been promised a 2004 release. I believe they are doing what they can, but remember, they DO have lives outside of being in a band and do more than play music with each other.

Till next time, keep looking up.

H-D

Higher_Desire 11-24-2003 08:02 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-hide+11-24-2003 05:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hide @ 11-24-2003 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> that seems to make sense and fits what Wind-Up and CreedInk have been telling us. But why would Paul Reed Smith contact someone on a VH1 bulletin board?

What is needed however to stop the chatter is something from the band, its label, management etc: [/b][/quote]
Paul didn't contact him. The guy knows Paul personally, and apparently spoke to him face-to-face. And, yes, an official word from either the band, the label, or management, would be excellent.

H-D

Bridge of Clay 11-24-2003 08:02 PM

makes me wonder why Michael stated Mark has a new band with Flip and Brian in the style of Creed and that he has 11 songs that were supposed to be in Creed's new album, but they're not.

I trust (in) Michael better than someone who claims to know someone...

hide 11-24-2003 08:04 PM

I think people have placed too much faith in rumours that will almost certainly prove to be baseless. The offical word tells us that they are still a band for there will be at least some new Creed songs next year. So things may no be that great, I don't know why they are taking another year off basically to pursue solo careers but that doesn't mean the band is over.

Until I hear otherwise Creed is still a band and truly one of the greats!