CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Post for Peace (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=514)

Siana 05-19-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.
--HH the Dalai Lama:

nice one,souldancer!:D :)

souldancer 05-22-2003 01:58 AM

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.

-- from A Course in Miracles

whitebird 05-23-2003 02:36 PM

Each time a person of peace speaks out, asking for honesty, integrity and love in this world, their soul becomes brighter and shines for all to see.

Each time souldancer places a post for peace, she bares her soul as an example of what we as people can be, if we try.

JulieCitySlicker 05-23-2003 02:48 PM

Wow! Whitebird, you always have such beautiful things to say in every circumstance:P You are a very beautiful person with such a great soul:angel:

TeriB19 05-23-2003 02:50 PM

Souldancer is the BEST!!! And whitebird your words mean so much!! You are both incredible ladies!

Sheila63 05-23-2003 08:45 PM

I agree, I always love reading your posts. souldancer and whitebird, you are two very special souls. :angel: :angel:

Dogstar 05-24-2003 02:51 AM

Amen to THAT....I come here for my dose of optimism, which is much-needed in this world today. Reading your posts, SD and whitebird, makes me remember that there are good souls in this world :D. I'm lucky and grateful to know you both!

whitebird 05-24-2003 10:22 AM

Thank you very much, but I'm only following souldancers lead on this one. This thread is her baby. She has nurtured it and kept it alive for an incredablely long and beautiful course of time.

I hope that we can all help her keep it going. Someone and something as important as souldancer and peace need to be kept in the forfront of this world.

I too am fortunate to have met all of you, thank you for your friendship.

Siana 05-24-2003 12:37 PM

Omnia vincit amor,et nos cedamus amori-Love conquers all things,let us too surender to love

souldancer 05-25-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Siana
Omnia vincit amor,et nos cedamus amori-Love conquers all things,let us too surender to love

Beautiful Siana! :angel:

"Let love replace all our hate...."

Dogstar 05-25-2003 01:28 AM

I think I posted this one before, but I love it even though it is a simple yet powerful sentiment:

All we are saying.... is give peace a chance. :angel:

Lechium 05-25-2003 01:35 AM

"Give peace a chance" is a slogan that everyone says and... well people start wars according to taht slogan haha
The whole Iraqi bullshit -- we want peace so we gotta neautralize Saddam.
It's just funny how overrused, overlook and poinltess this slogan is...
flame away

Dogstar 05-25-2003 01:43 AM

Well, that is not the vein in which I expressed it. People use words in many ways, yes. But this is a thread titled "Post for Peace" and that is the sentiment I was expressing. I don't espouse peace through violence, and I refuse to argue with you on this matter in this thread. This is a POST FOR PEACE.

Lechium 05-25-2003 01:48 AM

Well world peace is a Utopia.
So why bother?

souldancer 05-25-2003 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
I refuse to argue with you on this matter in this thread. This is a POST FOR PEACE.

Spoken as a true peace activist and a realist!
Though I have days of doubt about the evolution of our species consciousness and heart...I haven't given up hope. Good things and CHANGE happens (sure, shit happens too, that's life) - many progressive strides have been made and if we look deeper than the front page story or reality tv we can see examples -we can feel movements and hear questioning. Sometimes it's a 'two steps forward and one step backward' process.

Imagine for a minute…
Its easy if you try.....give peace a chance.