CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   the label? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6346)

Tremontichik006 04-17-2004 11:37 PM

the label?

i dont know if this was stated in a previous post or not... but what label is the new band signed on???

creedsister 04-17-2004 11:39 PM

Motown :d

Trees of Wisdom 04-17-2004 11:39 PM

They're signed to Wind-Up. When Creed originally signed with Wind-Up, they signed a 7-record deal, and these solo projects count for Creed's contract agreement. After the solo projects and the Creed compilation, they owe one album, and a Creed dvd or even Mark's new band dvd probably would be counted as that 7th album.

Steve 04-17-2004 11:41 PM

Where did you get the info that they signed a 7-record deal and that the solo albums would "count" for that deal?

Dogstar 04-17-2004 11:43 PM

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. They hardly ever publicize the details of a contract.

Trees of Wisdom 04-17-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Where did you get the info that they signed a 7-record deal and that the solo albums would "count" for that deal?

Michael Tremonti's girlfriend Denise on the mt.net boards. There was a thread (I forgot what it was about) and Denise posted and cleared everything up.

RMadd 04-18-2004 01:34 AM

hmmm.... ain't never heard that stuff before

facelessman 04-18-2004 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Motown :d

lol that was awesome

aussiecreeder 04-18-2004 02:40 AM

i do remember denise saying something to that effect, but i'm not sure if a DVD is going to count towards the deal. Wind-Up will surely get the 7 albums out of them even if that means puttiing our worthless releases. Perhaps future albums from Mark's group and if Scott does more solo stuff that will count. Or if Creed does another album........

The Lithium 04-18-2004 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Michael Tremonti's girlfriend Denise on the mt.net boards. There was a thread (I forgot what it was about) and Denise posted and cleared everything up.

Yeah, he's right. Axlar (from the Pit) have told me kind of the same thing, 7 albums in the deal. Both albums will be signed on Wind-up. Stapp's solo and the new bands album. And then hopefully a DVD, and then we will have to see what's next. When they are free from the record-deal.

Higher_Desire 04-18-2004 02:46 PM

So what are they going to do after the 7 albums are out? Will that spell the end, and they're just trying to hurry the process, or will they re-sign for more records?

H-D :darkdance

Trees of Wisdom 04-18-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
So what are they going to do after the 7 albums are out? Will that spell the end, and they're just trying to hurry the process, or will they re-sign for more records?

H-D :darkdance

Now that we do not know.

tremonti4life04 04-19-2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

Well, dont give up hope! Elvis and Tupac are still alive, Van Halen is in fact, reuniting with Diamond Dave as their front man, The Beetles are going back on tour, with all of the origional members..even if they are dead. lol ;)

Actually, the whole compilation album/solo projects/dvd release is a pretty common factor to dry up a record contract, i dont know if they are using that as any kind of tactic, but it is a common one. You never know, maybe the band is having conflicts of interest with wind up records and this could be their quick and easy way of escaping a record deal that they dont particularly care for, for any number of reasons. Dropping 2 solo albums, a greatest hits album, and a dvd would possibly end the contract, so that could be the case. Maybe they got offered more money or something, wouldnt that be sumthin!? :smokin:

The Lithium 04-19-2004 03:06 AM

Quote:

We'll see. I'm not sure if they know...

clara73 04-19-2004 03:58 PM

i agree with you tremonti4life04 for not giving up our hope. please allow me though to make a correction on your post about the reunion of van halen. they are reuninted with sammy hager, their second frontman, but not with DLR. (they did get together with DLR and recorded 3 songs several years ago.) i know it's not a big deal here but i couldn't help shutting my mouth because i love them as much as i do CREED ;)

i don't know how the record-deal works between CREED and WU but i hope whatever they do will always be for their best interests. maybe Mark should establish his own label when the deal is over with WU. that'll be interesting...just a thought...