CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cinnamon's in heat (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5955)

TeriB19 02-26-2004 12:03 AM

Cinnamon's in heat

If any of you have ever owned cats, you'll sympathize with me. My kitty, Cinnamon, is in heat. She's due to be fixed on Monday and right now she's sitting at the front door YOWLING. She keeps sneaking out the front door everytime it is opened and we keep retrieving her and bringing her back inside. Last thing I need is the baby having babies. Monday can't come soon enough!! Any other cat people know what I'm talking about???

Dogstar 02-26-2004 01:46 AM

OMG, YES...and if you think females are bad...:D

TeriB19 02-26-2004 08:09 AM

Oh I know how bad males are. I've had furniture and suits for work ruined by male cats spraying. Which is exactly why I didn't want a male cat.

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-26-2004 09:44 AM

That came on pretty fast. I just saw her on Friday!!!??? I totally sympathize with you and her. Her pain will soon be over. It's only a couple of more days. Is she slinking around on the floor w/her butt in the air? My sister's cats used to do that because of it all. I love my male cats because they both got snipped very early and the earlier you do it the cleaner the cat.

TeriB19 02-26-2004 11:33 AM

Yeah Kris, I've seen more of this kitten's ass than I ever needed to. She's slinking around, yowling with her butt up in the air just begging for it. Poor thing, Monday can't come soon enough. Hey, they can still fix them while they are in heat, can't they?

whitebird 02-26-2004 11:47 AM

TeriB19, I don't think most vets will spay her if she is in heat, you better call and find out.

RMadd 02-26-2004 12:23 PM

almost 10 years ago, we had to have one of our male rabbits neutered b/c his testicles were swollen... i don't remember if it was b/c he was chewing on 'em or rubbing them excessively (a little bit ain't bad... haha), or if b/c they were infected/infested. i was about 10, and i didn't really care, just as long as he lived.

JulieCitySlicker 02-26-2004 01:06 PM

OMG! Teri, I'm feelin for ya girl :eek: Cats in heat are loud as heck and they rub up against EVERYTHING!!!

luvscott4ever 02-26-2004 02:41 PM

Oh you pooor thing!! And I feel for Killer too!! I haven't had cats for a really long time, but I can remember what a pain in the ass it was when they were in heat!! YUK!! What a freakin' mess!! I really feel for you, my friend!!

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-26-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebird
TeriB19, I don't think most vets will spay her if she is in heat, you better call and find out.

I think she's right. Did you call the vet and ask? That's gonna suck for both of you if you have to wait until she's through her cycle. :eek:

Good luck, Teri

TeriB19 02-26-2004 05:32 PM

Thanks guys, I did just call the vet and you were right! She can't be fixed until her cycle is over (up to 4 weeks! :yikes: ). I'm still getting her declawed on Monday because I'm sick of her scratching up my kids and my furniture.

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-26-2004 05:57 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: That does suck Teri!! 4 weeks , :wow: Good luck my friend with that! Plus, she gets her claws taken out! You're mean!! J/K :laugh:

hotforscott 02-26-2004 05:58 PM

I can sympathize with you as well, Teri. We had a calico kitty as a child named Snickers, and I remember the Yelping. I hope Monday comes quickly.

Sheila63 02-26-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Thanks guys, I did just call the vet and you were right! She can't be fixed until her cycle is over (up to 4 weeks! :yikes: ). I'm still getting her declawed on Monday because I'm sick of her scratching up my kids and my furniture.

OMG, Teri, I wish you all of the best with her. Four weeks is a longgg time!! :eek: Our cat was fixed when we got her so we didn't have to deal with her being in heat. I hope her cycle is less than 4 weeks. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Teri.

SMACKxxxCREED 02-26-2004 10:31 PM

Cinnamon'sin heat

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
If any of you have ever owned cats, you'll sympathize with me. My kitty, Cinnamon, is in heat. She's due to be fixed on Monday and right now she's sitting at the front door YOWLING. She keeps sneaking out the front door everytime it is opened and we keep retrieving her and bringing her back inside. Last thing I need is the baby having babies. Monday can't come soon enough!! Any other cat people know what I'm talking about???

LOL!!

I know the feeling we have two females and they have been in heat just recently and every tomcat in the neighborhood has been over here Jenny is going to the Vet very soon but Prissy is going to have babies she is a persian mix and our neighbor has a black male persian so the two of them have gotten together...after this liter she is going to the Vets.I love animals so I have 2 female cats and three male cats who have been nuetered and declawed.