CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I went to a Scott Stapp concert and wore my Alter Bridge t-shirt (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9669)

rabidgopher04 09-23-2005 09:18 PM

I went to a Scott Stapp concert and wore my Alter Bridge t-shirt

I found this interesting link today: http://www.iwenttoastappconcertandwo...geshirt. com/

I think it's kind of funny. :)

The Lithium 09-24-2005 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one is funny too!

RoffeDH 09-26-2005 09:03 AM

But wasn't Scott not doing any conserts? I thought he said so in the beginning at least...

creedsister 09-26-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
This one is funny too!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :roll: :roll: :roll: :) i want one too HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TeriB19 09-27-2005 10:05 PM

Ok that's some funny shit right there.

Robin101 09-30-2005 11:50 AM

That's generous of Scott. After all, they need all the publicity they can get!!! :)

INDIGOSTEVE 10-02-2005 11:30 AM

Sorry I saw AB live and Myles can't compete with Scott vocally, and AB cant even fill the halls up they will be short lived. Scott's cd will sell 3 times Ab! and you can bet on it.

in reality 10-02-2005 11:58 AM

I agree, IndigoSteve, I read a review of the TGD single where it said about the rich tone Stapp has on this record.

ctfan 10-02-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
Sorry I saw AB live and Myles can't compete with Scott vocally, and AB cant even fill the halls up they will be short lived. Scott's cd will sell 3 times Ab! and you can bet on it.

Oh, I agree, Stapps voice has always matched the music, and I think that makes a big difference.

PrtytilImPurple 10-02-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
That's generous of Scott. After all, they need all the publicity they can get!!! :)

Touche!....hehehe. I ask people what they think of Alter Bridge and they say...Who?

Ana4Stapp 10-02-2005 05:19 PM

Oh my God! again??!!! I know i said it before but Iam going to repeat it:Pink,Christina, Britney, Ashley, Eminem, Usher are EXTREMELLY famous people all over the world, but we all know they are ... :eek: :eek: :eek :rolleyes:

titan9 10-03-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple
Touche!....hehehe. I ask people what they think of Alter Bridge and they say...Who?

They're still such a new band, so of course not everyone will know them. Did a bunch of people know about Creed before "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open"? No! In order for a band or an artist to be well-known, they have to achieve a certain level of commercial success. And in order to achieve that success, they need to get really good radio airplay. And in order to get good radio airplay, they need to have radio friendly singles. That gives them really good record sales. Commercial success sells records; talent doesn't always. If AB has a huge hit on Pop radio(like Creed did), they'll be well-known like Creed was. But even if AB doesn't achieve Creed's success(and not that many Rock bands do nowadays), that still does not mean that they aren't as talented as Creed was, and that sure as heck doesn't mean Stapp is superior to them. All it means is that they did not achieve the type of commercial success that Creed did.

The Lithium 10-03-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE

I'll bet on it! I bet ODR will sell 3 times more than TGD.

And WHAAAT??? Myles voice is way better technically and way better live. Sorry, but Stapp SUCKED throughout almost the whole Wheatered tour. And if you listen to bootlegs Scott almost never hits the high notes at the end of Higher. At least I've never heard him do it. I heard Myles sing Find The Real with a cold and fever and he sure as hell sang the VERY high notes at the end of that song. Myles IS technically a better singer, you have to admit that. But I understand if you like Stapp better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple

When I ask people about AB pretty many know of them. When I talk about Scott though, pretty many go "Who?". And if they do know him it's because they knew Creed. You should try asking them if they've heard of "The Great Divide".

And I agree with Titan. Scott is more of a commercial artis, AB aren't.

titan9 10-03-2005 02:22 PM

I don't think a lot of people have heard of TGD, even those who regularly listen to Rock radio. The song is still pretty young and is just now starting to receive some decent airplay, though I personally have not heard it on my local stations yet(probably because I rarely listen to the radio, even Rock radio). I'd assume that, as we get closer to the release date of the album, we'll probably hear TGD a lot more on the radio. I still stand by my prediction that this album will sell 200,000-400,000 in its first week, which means I think that the single will get good airplay. We'll see, though.

Ana4Stapp 10-03-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
They're still such a new band, so of course not everyone will know them. Did a bunch of people know about Creed before "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open"? No! In order for a band or an artist to be well-known, they have to achieve a certain level of commercial success. And in order to achieve that success, they need to get really good radio airplay. And in order to get good radio airplay, they need to have radio friendly singles. That gives them really good record sales. Commercial success sells records; talent doesn't always. If AB has a huge hit on Pop radio(like Creed did), they'll be well-known like Creed was. But even if AB doesn't achieve Creed's success(and not that many Rock bands do nowadays), that still does not mean that they aren't as talented as Creed was, and that sure as heck doesn't mean Stapp is superior to them. All it means is that they did not achieve the type of commercial success that Creed did.

Ditto ...by the way (again) your post says everything...Titan ;)