CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are Creed really... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3702)

ZION1010 08-06-2003 03:37 PM

JESUS ROCKS LOVE YA SAM YOUR ZION

Torn Signs 08-08-2003 01:38 PM

I'll answer this normally, I think they are a very good band that plays what they feel. They are probably Christians themselves, but that doesn't mean the band is or isn't, it's the same w/ their lyrics, understand it/interpret(sp error) as you will.

Julbright 08-08-2003 02:04 PM

BearFan Says: Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous.

I disagree about Faceless Man - I think there are too many lyrics that could be interpretted as about Christ that you can't deny it has to do with that -

Next time I see this face - I'll say - I choose to live for always - so won't you come inside - and never go away?

Sure sounds to me like someone asking Christ into their heart and choosing eternal life.

Because I have never had a conversation with Scott and he will never tell, I can't be certain, but I would bet a lot of money on it

Kim V. 08-14-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
<b>In the song Faceless Man, that whole song is about Christ. "His yoke is easy and his burden is light" is a description of Christ in the old testament, and Stapp is sayin that "next time i see this face i'll say, i choose to live for always, so won't u come inside, and never go away". He is sayin next time Christ is revealed to him, he will accept him into his life. Christ is a faceless man, no one knows what he looks like. Alotta people try to figure out what he did look like, like the blond hair, blue-eyed ones u see on billboards and stuff. But in truth, he looked Jewish, very arabic because he was from the country of Jordan. &nbsp;Other similar songs are My Own Prison, Unforgiven, Signs, and the rest are pretty obscure.

&nbsp; &nbsp; But Stapp says the band all believes in God, but the personal relationship thing he was vague about. I read a whole thing on it in USA WEEKEND, they did a whole article. It's not unChristian to drink, but we are told not to"get drunk on wine". It's all a matter of self control and limits. "A little wine is good for the stomach" says the apostle Paul. </b>

I'm not one to push about what lyrics mean, or push my spirituality on people (believe me!) but I do sense alot of spirituality in Creed's music. I believe Lynda Stapp (Scott's mom) hit the nail on the head when she said he touches more lives as a rock star than most evangelists (Behind the Music).

In the song Faceless Man, I'd have to disagree that the faceless man is Jesus, though, only because Stapp sings,"Lord I stand AGAINST the Faceless Man". But I agree that it is a very spiritual song, with many spiritual references, such as "His yoke is easy and His burden is light", and also "Next time I see this face, I'll say I choose to live for always, so won't you come inside and never go away", inviting Jesus into your heart to have eternal life. I think "Say I" can also be a spiritual song, as can My Sacrifice. I could go on and on....

Also, some Christians drink a little; I like to have wine probably a few times a week, but I don't get drunk.:angel: