CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maroon 5 Live at the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8839)

revisfoot 03-22-2005 11:12 PM

Maroon 5 Live at the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX

My Review:

I usually am not able to really write a "review" of a concert, because I can never get the words together! But, I am going to try now.

This was not your usual M5 concert. Why? Because, six hours before the show, frontman Adam Levine FRACTURED HIS STERNUM. While any other band would have cancelled the show altogether, Levine decided to be a trooper and go ahead with the show anyways. Granted, he looked like Ozzy up there, not being able to move very much, but he could still sing the words VERY WELL. Maroon 5 are the best live band I've ever HEARD, hands down. They played a very short set, 11 songs total, with the last two sung by their drummer (who is currently out because of injuries). Ryan (the drummer) came out with a guitar around his neck and took control of the stage as the band did "Seven Nation Army" and "Highway to Hell" as the last two songs of the evening.
Now, some have complained of the short set, and said that it was a total letdown. I disagree. The Donna's, the opening band of the evening, made it worth the $30 all by themselves. And, M5, despite the short set, did very nicely. During "Highway to Hell", guitarist Jimmy Valentine jumped off the stage and played the guitar solo while running around the theatre. Very sweet.
After the show, I got to meet the Donna's, got my CD autographed by them, and got my picture taken w/ their guitarist. She was very nice, very lovely. Loved them all. I didn't get to meet my Maroon 5 boys, but, oh well, there's always next time!!

RMadd 03-23-2005 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
While any other bad would have cancelled the show altogether

awesome review, but....

Anna1011 03-23-2005 06:19 AM

glad you had a great time :)

aussiecreeder 03-23-2005 07:37 AM

excuse me while i pick myself up from the floor. maroon 5 the band that wrote "she will be loved" covered "highway to hell"? wow! i clearly have no idea about this band.

TeriB19 03-23-2005 08:40 AM

Wow, great review. I do admit to liking them a lot (let the rotten fruit fly, go ahead) and I'm impressed that Adam went on with the show after fracturing his sternum. How the hell did he do that???

Thanks for the info.

RMadd 03-23-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
I do admit to liking them a lot

:throws rotten fruit... and lots of it:

revisfoot 03-23-2005 06:18 PM

How did he fracture his sternum? lol, it's quite silly actually. You know those resistance/excercise bands that people use to work out with? Well, our good friend Adam "The Genius" Levine tied one end to a doorknob and was working out with it, when, all of a sudden, Maroon 5's guitarist Jimmy Valentine opened the door, which caused the resistance band to snap off and hit Adam in the chest.

Something quite hilarious as well:
I saw, at the merch booth at the show, Maroon 5 thongs. On the front, they read "She Will Be Loved". I SO wanted to buy one and give it to some random girl.

TeriB19 03-24-2005 12:16 AM

** dodges fruit, HA take that Bear!!

Hey, that is the stupidest way I've EVER heard of someone breaking a bone.

Dogstar 03-24-2005 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
How did he fracture his sternum? lol, it's quite silly actually. You know those resistance/excercise bands that people use to work out with? Well, our good friend Adam "The Genius" Levine tied one end to a doorknob and was working out with it, when, all of a sudden, Maroon 5's guitarist Jimmy Valentine opened the door, which caused the resistance band to snap off and hit Adam in the chest.

Something quite hilarious as well:
I saw, at the merch booth at the show, Maroon 5 thongs. On the front, they read "She Will Be Loved". I SO wanted to buy one and give it to some random girl.

OUCH!!!!

RMadd 03-24-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
** dodges fruit, HA take that Bear!!

** watches fruit sail past, hit wall, and detonate b/c fruit was filled with explosives.... laughs ass off haha

TeriB19 03-24-2005 10:16 AM

***toying with the idea of a lifetime ban on Bear. :D

eat that fruit, sucka. :slap: :laugh:

Dogstar 03-24-2005 12:45 PM

:laugh:

JulieCitySlicker 03-30-2005 08:56 PM

I don't really care much for em ;) But glad you had fun.