CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Next U2 Album? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6674)

hayley 05-24-2004 04:54 AM

Next U2 Album?

There was supposed to be a new album out around March/April I think, it's now May, and I haven't heard anything about it so far. Do any of you know if they have set a release date? Or have you heard anything about the new album?

Thanks.

aussiecreeder 05-24-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
There was supposed to be a new album out around March/April I think, it's now May, and I haven't heard anything about it so far. Do any of you know if they have set a release date? Or have you heard anything about the new album?

Thanks.

i believe the date got pushed back and honestly i'ld be surprised if it is out before christmas. bono is working with the one campaign (aids, poverty, third world debt etc) but hopefully they can get this album finished and have it out this year.

WeatheredWoman 05-24-2004 01:41 PM

According to the website of a Dutch RockRadiostation the album will be finished at the beginning of this summer. But the album will be available in the recordstores in October... :confused:
A single will be released in September. This album will sound more rock-like, they say...

benkenobi 05-24-2004 04:37 PM

Source: U2.com

13.05.04 New Album... More Hints and Clues!
Could it be November ? The next U2 album could be set for an Autumn release, according to comments by Paul McGuinness in the last few days.

hayley 05-26-2004 12:25 AM

Ohhh man, that's so long away. :( Oh well, I can't wait for the album. Thank you guys for the information. :D

creedsister 05-26-2004 11:49 PM

Its about Time For something New From something new from those Guys, Their Last Album Was Not one Of My favorites, I Expected A Lot More, But anyways let See What Happens This time Around, I Think DESIRE Was One The Most Greastest In Your Head Songs Of All Time,,,,

aussiecreeder 05-29-2004 06:48 AM

does this have you exicited? :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...eregion=double1

U2 have recorded "Tough," a tribute to singer Bono's father who passed away in 2001, for their tenth album, which they hope to finish this summer for a fall release.
Among the other new tracks to be featured on the follow-up to 2000's Grammy-winning All That You Can't Leave Behind is "Full Metal Jacket," which Bono describes as "the mother of all rock tunes."

The band began recording in Dublin last year with producer Chris Thomas (Sex Pistols, Paul McCartney); in February, Steve Lillywhite, who recorded U2's early records, took over.

"The record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2," Bono added. "It's driven by a guitar player who's sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians."

U2 plan to kick off a world tour in Miami in March 2005.

creedsister 05-30-2004 04:28 PM

No Not Really It Takes A Lot To That I cant wait to here that tribute Album, He Must Have Been A Cool Guy To Inspire an Entire album

aussiecreeder 05-31-2004 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
No Not Really It Takes A Lot To That I cant wait to here that tribute Album, He Must Have Been A Cool Guy To Inspire an Entire album

i think "tough" is one song on the album.......

creedsister 05-31-2004 02:49 PM

Yes you got to admire the tough ones Was Bonos Old Man a Trooper, I Guess I Would Have To Asked Bono That :D U2 HMD Btw That Aussie Wines Is Killer ;)

aussiecreeder 05-31-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Yes you got to admire the tough ones Was Bonos Old Man a Trooper, I Guess I Would Have To Asked Bono That :D U2 HMD Btw That Aussie Wines Is Killer ;)

hehe you drunk yet? :D

creedsister 05-31-2004 11:51 PM

:drunk2: :drunk2:

aussiecreeder 06-01-2004 12:05 AM

Quote:

:drunk2: :drunk2:

can i take that a yes? :D

creedsister 06-01-2004 12:27 AM

Haa im not drunk i had wine about an 2 hours a go 2 glasses, which means i need to sober up, I CANT DRINK, Just One Please