CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are Creed really... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3702)

xXCreedNXDfanxX 07-09-2003 02:20 PM

Are Creed really...

Christians??!And r they a Christian band.I dont really think they r,bc i'm sure that they drink and stuff like that.:confused: :smokin: :dunno:

TeriB19 07-09-2003 03:40 PM

No they are not a Christian band.

JulieCitySlicker 07-09-2003 04:39 PM

Re: Are Creed really...

Quote:

Originally posted by xXCreedNXDfanxX
Christians??!And r they a Christian band.I dont really think they r,bc i'm sure that they drink and stuff like that.:confused: :smokin: :dunno:

Catholics drink but that doesn't mean they don't have spiritual standards;)

Higher_Desire 07-09-2003 11:00 PM

They were all raised Christian, but don't like being called a Christian band. A lot of Stapp's lyrics come from his background in church and all his questions.

They also say that they have their own beliefs, but don't like or really believe in organized religion.

I read in a Creed interview (I think on vh1.com) that they like to unwind after a show by hanging with the fans in VIP, taking a shower, and drinking a beer.

H-D

facelessman 07-10-2003 02:11 AM

No they are not a christian band. christian bands have God and Jesus written in theyre lyrics. Creed doenst do that.

xXCreedNXDfanxX 07-10-2003 12:32 PM

I wonder why a lot of ppl say that then??

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-10-2003 02:04 PM

Probably because alot of their lyrics are very spiritual. It doesn't mean though that they are a christian band

StrubesGuitar 07-10-2003 08:05 PM

In the song Faceless Man, that whole song is about Christ. "His yoke is easy and his burden is light" is a description of Christ in the old testament, and Stapp is sayin that "next time i see this face i'll say, i choose to live for always, so won't u come inside, and never go away". He is sayin next time Christ is revealed to him, he will accept him into his life. Christ is a faceless man, no one knows what he looks like. Alotta people try to figure out what he did look like, like the blond hair, blue-eyed ones u see on billboards and stuff. But in truth, he looked Jewish, very arabic because he was from the country of Jordan. Other similar songs are My Own Prison, Unforgiven, Signs, and the rest are pretty obscure.

But Stapp says the band all believes in God, but the personal relationship thing he was vague about. I read a whole thing on it in USA WEEKEND, they did a whole article. It's not unChristian to drink, but we are told not to"get drunk on wine". It's all a matter of self control and limits. "A little wine is good for the stomach" says the apostle Paul.

hotforscott 07-10-2003 08:11 PM

He does talk a lot about God in his lyrics and he does have a lot of verses that refer to the bible. Because of how he was raised and he is very knowledgble on the subject. They do believe in God, they have said that and I think they have made it clear that they want you to interpret the lyrics how you want. If you see the spiritual side, then that is wonderful, but they have never told anyone what to believe, their lyrics are taken in many different ways and that is how they like it. That is why they have such a wide fan base. I think that is why they don't like to be labeled as a certain "type" because they have never confirmed anything.

JenRN 07-10-2003 09:36 PM

Exactely Carrie!:)

mel!ssa 07-11-2003 09:29 AM

Hey, it's not completely evil to drink you know... :cheers: just to excess is not good... :drunk:

so yeah they might very well be christian, you can't say they're absolutely not cos they drink a bit!!!!

:angel: But no, not a Christian band, maybe cos that results in being categorised...

Bridge of Clay 07-11-2003 10:10 AM

hmm... it seems melissa likes to get high! ;) lol! j/k

Unforgiven Fan 07-11-2003 01:03 PM

creed is a christian spirtual band but they are not a christian band....and there is a difference..

The Lithium 07-12-2003 04:57 AM

Flip:
"We are not a Christian band...we are NOT a
Christian band...we are not...we are not..."
~ on whether or not Creed is a Christian band

So nope, there are NOT!!!!

mel!ssa 07-12-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
hmm... it seems melissa likes to get high! ;) lol! j/k

Hey! I do not! :P i'll have you know i don't drink at all! Exactly how much do you drink Marcos? Huh? Huh? WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW?