CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I have the new Tool and Pearl Jam! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10913)

The Lithium 05-08-2006 12:36 PM

Re: I have the new Tool and Pearl Jam!

Both of those albums has been out on the web for a reeeaaal long time now. You could've just downloaded the leaked versions.

Dogstar 05-09-2006 12:29 AM

The leaked version of Tool's sucked ass compared to the studio album, though. The vocals are low on the real CD as it is, and listening to the leak made me shudder.

Dogstar 05-09-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9

As for Tool....I've never been a fan of theirs at all and so I didn't even consider picking up this new CD. But I guess its getting good reviews, eh? ;)

It's decent enough. It's not as good as previous albums, but it's heaps better than a lot of other stuff out there. It's grown on me quite a bit, now that I'm a little more familiar with it.

Muad'Dib 05-09-2006 04:43 AM

Im putting it above Lateralus :eek: Its really really grown on me, all the filler tracks lead nicely into the next. Wings For Marie Pt 1 & Pt 2 would probably be my fav followed close by Right In Two.

Dogstar 05-09-2006 01:16 PM

I can't put it above Lateralus. That album is perfection for me, as far as fillers and lead-ins and just the overall vibe of the album. BUT, 10K Days is seriously getting up there now. Last night, I got chills listening to 10K Days the song. The harmonies in it are really sweet. I also just LOVE Right in Two and Intension. Those two songs together are awesome. And The Pot..hehe. At first, I had a serious WTF reaction to the vocal intro and now I love it, lol. Who knew? I can't wait to hear this stuff live...EIGHT MORE DAYS!

aussiecreeder 05-09-2006 07:22 PM

The James Blunt style vocals at the beginning are still really weird but the rest of the song is just great rock. The best song on the album IMO is "Right in Two". The lyrics are really well written and I love how it starts of really soft but ends up becoming just about the heaviest track on the album. Easily better than PJ's album I feel.....(didn't think I would say that).

Dogstar 05-10-2006 01:19 AM

Intension and Right in Two have been my favorites since the get-go. I do love the new PJ album, though, too. I actually had been listening to the PJ one more until this week, hehe.

aussiecreeder 05-10-2006 08:48 AM

this year is shaping up as a good year in music with albums already from tool, pj and queensryche (also sigur ros) to name just a few. silverchair will probably release an album at the end of the year as well! :)

Muad'Dib 05-10-2006 11:18 AM

Silverchair :D Wonder how it will sound, interesting to see if they take same route as Diorama.

Muad'Dib 05-12-2006 03:00 AM

10000 days pt 1 and 2 is tools single greatest moment IMO. its just amazing more I listen to it more I love it. Fantastic