CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mtv Icon Metallica (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2949)

m3lissa 05-04-2003 03:01 AM

Mtv Icon Metallica

MTV 2 will be airing MTV ICON METALLICA this tuesday, musicians of different genre will be covering metallica songs. last year Aerosmith was the MTV ICON and Train did an amazing cover of 'Dream on'. It would be great to see Creed say a few words about metallica this year or maybe perform one of their songs
'Unforgiven' or 'Bleeding me' maybe?

for those of you who are Metallica fans, the show will air this tuesday at 9 central

http://www.mtv.com/onair/icon/metallica/

:rockon:

Lechium 05-04-2003 03:38 AM

Can they sellout even more? I heard Avril gonan sing their cover? When artists become salesmen that makes me fucking sick.

m3lissa 05-04-2003 03:42 AM

yeah i know what you mean, Slash might do a cover too..that would be interesting

Said Eyes 05-04-2003 04:00 AM

I know! Its imcredibly bad when someone wants to make a career out of music and not live in poverty... It makes me sick to my bones when a tv show wants to celebrate a band as big as Metallica. They should call them Selloutica!

Run back to your indie record store, Lechium, I'm sure there you'll be able to find some stuff that noone has ever heard of or likes.

And stop kidding yourself, all musicians want people to hear their music. They are all salesmen. If they weren't, you wouldn't have heard it because they'd be just playing it to and for themselves.

Lechium 05-04-2003 04:26 AM

Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...

luvscott4ever 05-04-2003 05:03 AM

Call me Stupid, I may not be quite sure what you guys are talking about, but if I'm reading this right, sounds like Avril is going to be doing some song/songs of Metallica!! Well, if that is that case, I think I'm gonna hafta :throwup: Her, do a Metallica song...give me a break...but I will say, I saw Disturbed Friday nite and they did Fade To Black and it was AWESOME!! David sounded sooo good on this song and the rest of the band sounded just like Metallica..if I didn't know it was Disturbed, I would have thought Metallica was in the house!! :) God I love Disturbed!!! :dancing:

Bridge of Clay 05-04-2003 04:17 PM

help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ? :confused:

I heard Avril is too... I saw on a news site...

Unforgiven Fan 05-04-2003 10:47 PM

you guys...you make me laugh..by your definition they sellout but they are doing what they want to do and they have earned that much credit to do what they want. Yes having avril cover song sounds bad but in a broad musical scope it shows how far metallica's influence has reached. if they did sell out, then so what...as long as the music sounds good then it is no big deal. yes their sound may change but they are only humans and humans grow and change and that is one point that everybody needs to get across.......

Lechium 05-04-2003 10:51 PM

Last two albums did not sound good, however long eprics were subsituted by more radio friendly 3-4 minute song with standart structure... so yeah music did suffer latley.

Unforgiven Fan 05-04-2003 11:04 PM

the old metallica was full of riffs and chords that were not nessararly needed for the song....they can make the same statement in a 5 min song as a 7 or long min song...if their style is more radio friendly then it is their choice. In my opinon I like load and reload more than the other albums but metallica's fan base is broad so it will include a lot of different views...

Lechium 05-05-2003 12:56 AM

You can make a statement with 3 chords song on a single accustic guitar.. hell you can just beat drum and speak your mind, and that would be a valid statement too. Hell you can write it on a piece of paper.
They used to be interesting and original, now they are very ordinary.

Said Eyes 05-05-2003 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...

Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.

hide_tremonti 05-05-2003 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ? :confused:

No, they aren't performing.

Lechium 05-05-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Said Eyes
Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.

Yeah but its Metallica Icon, so if they put their foot down, and say that they want Napalm Death instead of Avril than probably they will get Napalm Death doing cover, and Avril just giving speech.
Actually, Sharika is pretty cool cuz she writes her own stuff... there's tonns of hype around her, but she is a decent musician beneth it all.

farmgirl 05-05-2003 01:03 PM

I like Metallica. I hate the term "sell-out" though. I think a band should be able to do what they want without being called a sell-out. After all this time, I think they've earned that right.

I do not agree ,however, on Avril doing a Metallica cover. I just can't see it. I don't mind her music, but she isn't punk like some in the media label her and she sure isn't metal.

Should be interesting to see though!

Rose

(I didn't get tix to the Summer Sanitarium tour, so sad, :( )