CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   CreedFeed Contests! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   CREEDFEED CONTEST #2 - Tell Us Why You Love Creed! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12631)

Steve 09-14-2009 10:50 PM

CREEDFEED CONTEST #2 - Tell Us Why You Love Creed!

CREEDFEED CONTEST #2
September 15th to September 25th

This is the second of two contests CreedFeed is holding to have a bit of fun on the message boards and give the fans an opportunity to win a very cool prize!

The Contest:

Tell us why you love Creed! Post your story in this thread. We will be picking two of the best stories (as decided by CreedFeed.com) and three other winners will be selected at random.

You can post anything from a single sentence to a story book! Just remember, the better (or more interesting) the story, the better chance it has in getting picked as being the best!

The Prize:

Five winners will receive a one year membership to the Creed fan club - a $24.95 value!!

The Official Creed Fan Club - CreedWorld.com - offers fans a unique community setting featuring all the latest breaking Creed news and information, as well as a community setting with message boards and blogs! Fans are able to participate in exclusive contests and build up "points" which can be used to purchase cool Creed merchandise (hopefully coming soon?!?).

The Rules:

You must be a CreedFeed Community Message Board member in order to post and have the opportunity to win.

Members may make only one posting in a contest. If you make a second post in the contest topic you will be disqualified and not have an opportunity to win. Please only make one post in the contest forum and do not reply or discuss other entries. If you wish to discuss entries, start a new topic in the forums.

On September 25th, two winners will be selected as having the "best" stories as decided upon by CreedFeed.com. Three other winners will be selected at random from all entries received.

Winners will be notified via Private Message from Steve through the CreedFeed message board system.

Winners from the first contest are not eligible to win in this contest.

Winners are not required to submit any personal information to CreedFeed.com other then any data required to register on the forums.

Prizes will be delivered digitally in the form of a special code to enter on the CreedWorld website.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, please private message Steve or start a new topic in the forums.

You may start posting entries NOW! Have fun!!

TheGreatDivide 09-15-2009 11:38 AM

Re: CREEDFEED CONTEST #2 - Tell Us Why You Love Creed!

Look at all their songs... each song touches on every human emotion possible and every experience one can imagine. From Torn to Overcome these relate to some period in life my that they helped me, along with God, get through those times, this is why I love Creed

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-15-2009 12:09 PM

Don't let the name ALTERBRIDGE fool you in my username, I was, and always will be a Creed fan first. It all started for me when I heard my friends brothers "My Own Prison" CD on his computer...I was instantly hooked. Creed played a huge roll to get me through my high school years and I would wear my Creed T-shirts almost everday. Scott Stapp said it best "Passion Breeds Followers"; the passion that Creed puts into their lyrics, songs, and live shows makes them my favorite band of all time. It almost felt like a fell into depression when Creed broke up. Seeing the reunion and new album has reignited a happiness inside of me that I haven't felt for along time. I have seen Creed 3 times live, last being in 2003. My 4th time will be September 25th, and I am like a little kid at a candy store because it has been 6 years since I was able to sing along at a AMAZING Creed show!

razzroe 09-15-2009 12:58 PM

being a musician of 16 years you learn to appreciate good and diverse music, and to creed was just that i mean look at how far they have come from my own prison to overcome doesnt even sound like the same band. i am so proud of mark tremonti at how far his level of playing has come.i have had the privilage of meeting mark,brian,and scott phillips they are very down to earth guys still waiting to meet scott stapp.another i love about creed is how the crowd respond to the music at shows the audience is singing the lyrics so loud they are over the pa that to me is just amazing.i love the message they bring to the people how they can inspire not only the young but the old as well. creed couldnt have come back at a better time when the world is where its at.thank you creed for such an inspiration.

in reality 09-17-2009 11:31 AM

I got into Creed a little bit late, in 2001. Right before Weathered came out in November. I first caught the band on the countdown on Vh1 for Higher. Then I didn't get really into them until Weathered. Weathered is just to me an album unlike any other. It is almost like a movie to me, it has a beginning, middle and end. I remember how One Last Breath just carried me for so long and how the cd just rides slowly thru the landscape until the song Don't Stop Dancing, where it ends with "are we hiding in the shadows?" Just such a haunting quality to such an uplifting song. This album will always be my favorite and just means so much to me. I wish I could explain it better, but it gives a little peek into why I like this cd and band so much.

scottspeed 09-19-2009 11:07 AM

I got into to creed funnily enough through my dad who one day in a random music shop was just browsing for some new music ( he travels alot) and picked up the weathered album. He use to play it in the car and sometimes at home and songs like one last breath and bullets just got stuck in my head. So i had a closer look at creed through the web (this was around 2003) and found 2 other albums. Bought both and fell in love with creed. The music just seemed to have a great meaning and purpose to them but which was unique to each individual which I thought was great. Also as I live in the UK none of my friends knew creed so it became like my own band. I have to say I love creed a lot and didnt really have a favourite band before creed came along.

George Brasil 09-19-2009 12:00 PM

Still sad that I didn't win the first one. I'll re-write my history later!

timusca 09-19-2009 01:24 PM

Once upon a time when I was about 15 years old, I was envious of my friends who were all into music - yet I had never gotten into it. I never took the time to bother with it, yet I was determined to become a fan. So, I decided I would turn on the radio and the first thing I heard that sounded good, I would go out and buy that album.

Folks, the first song I ever heard and wanted to know who was performing was "What's This Life For". I called the station, asked who is was, and wrote down the name "Creed".

So, completely enchanted by the music, I made my way down to the music store and purchased Creed's My Own Prison. Keep in mind - I was never into music before - I never had the desire to become "involved" in it. Let me tell you - I rocked the heck out. The emotions of excitement and awe had come bursting out of me for the first time ever!

From that day on, I was a hard-core Creed fan. I was, and forever will be, a Creed fan. Hundreds of spins later, My Own Prison is still in heavy rotation in my CD player.

josha31042 09-19-2009 02:44 PM

I first started really getting into music back in 2000 and 2001.
Until then, I was heavily sheltered as far as music was concerned, and was forced to listen to nothing but country ballads as my parents and I traveled to wherever we happened to be going. It was sickening. I didn't care much for music at all, except for my weekly radio treat, in the form of "Mandatory Metallica" on Q106. My step brother had introduced me to that station one of the few times that we were riding together. I started hearing bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains...and I immediately fell in love with the three.

I had heard of Creed, but I still hadn't been exposed to alot of their music yet.
I caught songs like "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open" on the radio, and I was really starting to get pulled into them. At the time, however, they were still just another great rock band running through my ears once or twice a day.

Then, one night, while hanging out at a friend's place, I caught the premiere of Creed's "One Last Breath" music video on MTV. I had heard a couple of their songs in the past, but never had one caught my attention like this one.
All I was doing from the moment Tremonti's fingers started picking, was staring wide-eyed into the screen, and listening to that mind blowing guitar riff. That guitar riff is one of the best riffs of all time, in my opinion. Something about it just jumped out at me.

I used to have to sleep on the floor of an apartment my parents had gotten in Albany, GA. My dad was working out of town, and we were staying with him.
At times, there would be absolutely nothing for me to do...
So, I just chilled on the floor of the apartment's bedroom, and listened to the radio.

Every now and then, I'd finally hear what I was waiting for.
It was during that time that the song "My Own Prison" really got to me.
The dj at that radio station would keep it in heavy rotation, and I would lay there all day long waiting for it to play.
This was around the time Weathered was about to drop, and songs like "One Last Breath" and "My Sacrifice" started hitting radio.
The day that album got released, I ran out and bought my copy as soon as I could.

Anyway, I've been hooked on Creed ever since.

They were the first band I decided to spend money on. Other bands like Staind, Default, Nickelback, Five For Fighting, 3 Doors Down, RHCP, and Dave Matthews started releasing some popular songs around the same time. This persuaded me to delve into the depths of 90's alternative and grunge/post grunge. Which, in turn, persuaded me to experiment with thrash metal, arena rock, classic rock, and the like.
From Creed's one CD, my collection has grown to be quite vast.
And yes, I paid for every single one of them.
Now, I listen to everything from the 60's, to today. And I look forward to tomorrow. (But now I don't listen to a damn bit of country. :))

I credit Creed for turning me on to music I can jam to, and getting me into some of the best bands in music history. It could have been any band, but they came along at just the right moment for me.

Carly 09-20-2009 11:39 AM

I'm a war child so I had to struggle a lot in my youth, get used to another country (Netherlands) which wasn't always easy but also deal with oldfashioned parents. When I discovered Creed not only did I go crazy for the sound but I could really relate to the lyrics. I've been struggling with depression for a long time, not being accepted and such things. Also I've always been a dreamer so songs like Higher and Never Die are also a treat for my soul. You could say I'm addicted to Creed from the beginning and it's my soul food and a good way of anger management but also an inspiration to do my best in life. So thank you Creed, when I feel lost spiritually you guys pull me out of my own prison. You're forever in my heart!

I'd like to share one of my own lyrics:

won't you wake me up
it seems like I'm dreaming
won't you bring me a ray of light
because I can't see clearly

where do I carry this pain
hiding in shadows
carrying my crown of thorns
seems the only way to go

I search for a world
that is duying
to see the future
that will never be

won't you tell me
where angels hide
so I can borrow wings
and remember how to fly

take me back to my flowerfield
so I can run free
so I can breathe
and drown pain in purity

I carry the cross of my shame
praying, crying, calling your name
like a rose plucked before bloom
it's a funeral of my world

Dimitris 09-20-2009 03:42 PM

I started to be a Creed fan at 2001 ,i remember when i heard my sacrifise and i felt a feeling that made my soul full of strange+powerful feelings.I was trying to follow them as hard as i could because i leave in Greece and it's really here to try to stay inform.From that day i was searching all their cd's and from then untill now EVERYSINGLE DAY i listen them,in good days but in the worst days too,their songs has always something to say and to bring to my life.Creed music is like a magical fruit that when you taste it you feel that you can continue whatever life can bring to you.
Then that "fruit" bring me the girl of my life.The first thing she told me was "You look like
Creeds frontman you know" i never forget this ,this was our first discussion i was like "omg... thankss!" and she will be my wife in some years from now.
Well i think it's difficult to say why you love Creed because Creed is the source that create the love it self...

peace

Creedfan73 09-21-2009 08:13 AM

I can't describe or fully put into words what Creed means to me, but I'll tell a little bit here. I heard a video playing in a department store sometime in the fall of 97 and I didn't know where it was coming from. So I followed the haunting vocals to where I found the television that displayed the artist as Creed and the song and album was My Own Prison. The sound was stuck in my mind until I heard it again on another tv commercial a few days later. I bought the cd immediately and listened to it every day, basically all day long. My friends didn't get the same feeling as I did, so I would allow myself to explore other music when with them, but as soon as I left them I would go right back to my world of Creed. It's something about the way Creed records their music. The way that Stapp overlays the background vocals, as if he is singing as someone else. Then the secret undertones and whispers that seem so important. The way that Flip drives the song with Marshal pumping the heart. I didn't notice Tremonti at first, his presence was true perfection in a way that it was like Mark was part of Scotts lead. I noticed myself humming the guitar solos and it was like the sun started to shine from pitch black. I so wanted to go see one of their concerts, but I didn't. Then Human Clay was on the brink of release. Higher exploded. The new cd was out. I bought it the first day it was released. Their was an insert directing me to go to creednet. I visited the site. This was pretty much the first time I had seen what Creed looked like. They looked exactly like I had envisioned, which was a plus. I was awestruck by the artwork. I visited the bulletin board. Their was a life to it and it scared me. I didn't participate, but I was addicted to it. I found thru it bootlegs and b-sides that I didn't know existed. The b-sides of which I love far more than what I had heard on a released cd (as if that is possible). Thru the years I was going thru a lot emotionally. Drugs and Church had clouded my head. I knew what was right, but I did wrong. Creed somehow brought me back to reality. Their were sleepless nights that my mind raced fearing becoming my own person, I knew who I wanted to be, but years of browbeating would throw me back a step everytime. I related to the lyrics that seemed as if they were talking to (guiding) me, and somehow "normal" people didn't notice, and it made me feel normal too. I should note that seeing Creed 3 times has been a dream come true. I was in a trance from the minute the pyros went off and seeing the logo to the last group hug. Long story short, why do I love Creed? Because when I hear the music, first it gives me chills, then it hypnotizes me, then it puts me at ease and I have a feeling that the best is yet to come.

AlterTremonti 09-21-2009 08:38 PM

Creed, where do I begin? This band has had such a huge impact on my life it’s hard to decide where to begin… but, I suppose I’ll start from the beginning of my “Creed experience.” On a winter afternoon in 1999 (late 1999) I was watching highlights of the X-Games on ESPN. During the highlight reel I heard this awesome clean guitar riff (the intro). And gradually as the song progressed Stapp came in singing those moving lyrics “Can you take me higher?”. I truly felt this song was taking me Higher, I had never experienced goose bumps listening to a song until that day. And since that day, every time I hear a new Creed song, I still get goose bumps.

I was 14 years old when I first heard a Creed song, unfortunately I didn’t hear of them until the Human Clay album, but of course I later went back and discovered the beauty of My Own Prison. I was raised in a religious environment, my family wasn’t overly religious, but they were more so than most of my friends parents. They were, however, religious enough to where I was aware of the “rights and wrongs” of life. Being 14 years old, I was just beginning to reach “the age of accountability” I guess you could say. I was just beginning to understand all of this religious stuff I had been exposed to. I felt I had a very deep connection with Creed’s lyrics. Especially in Faceless Man when he sings… “next time I see this face, I’ll say I choose to live for always.” That particular line really hit me hard and made me realize I don’t have to take things as they come, I can choose the right path to take. Creed’s lyrics gave me courage and strength to stand my ground and become the person I wanted to become. They helped me resist peer pressure. When someone would try to talk me into doing drugs I would go home, pop in a Creed cd, and just listen all evening. This was my only way of escaping the problems of life. Without that escape I would have, without a doubt, given into peer pressure. Stapp’s way of writing lyrics and questioning the reason of our human existence really helped stabilize me in knowing that I wasn’t the only confused person in the world. I truly feel that Creed came into my life for a reason, and helped me understand life more so than I would have if I had not encountered them.

But, that’s just the lyrics. The story goes on. Haha. Mark’s guitar playing was unlike anything I had ever heard before. At the age of 14 I hadn’t become a real music junkie yet, but that would all change very soon. Mark’s playing inspired me to get a guitar and learn how to play; soon after I talked my parents into getting me a guitar and some lessons. I was lucky enough to find a teacher that would help me learn the Creed songs without making me play Mary Had A Little Lamb first. The first song I learned how to play all the way through was, of course, Higher. Learning that song gave me a sense of accomplishment I had never felt at any point previously in my life. I quickly went on to learn the entire Human Clay album, and then moved on the My Own Prison. I continued learning Mark’s guitar licks through the Weathered album. Without Mark’s inspirational guitar playing I seriously doubt I would have ever picked up a guitar, I had never thought about it previously, and probably never would have without hearing Creed. Now, the guitar has become my favorite hobby. It has become my way of expressing myself and escaping the troubles of everyday life. It truly has helped me become a happy person. Creed, as a band, has helped me become a happy person.

I remember the moment when I first heard of Creed’s breakup in 2004. I was watching the 11 o’clock Fox News when I heard the news. I was devastated for weeks. I couldn’t believe they decided to separate. Since the breakup of 2004, I listened to Creed nearly every day, probably 90% of the days since then, hoping and praying they would someday reunite and give us fans that amazing Creed sound again. Then, as the rumors began to surface in late 2008 I became even more hopeful they would reunite, and luckily received that gift in earlier this year. I have been on high all year anticipating this new album. I can’t wait to continue this journey through life, with Creed helping to guide my way.

Trinity 09-21-2009 08:44 PM

I got into Creed in 1999. Little did I know, things would very soon become incredibly hard...

My mom died on March 30, 2000 when I was only 14 years old. I spent those 14 years watching my mom slowly fade away from the illness of multiple sclerosis. When she died, I thought my life was over. I became seriously depressed and suicidal, and even dabbled in different beliefs and religions, because I thought God hated me. However, My mom was a strong Christian, and I got my faith from her. But when she died, I threw all of that out the window. I felt that life was no longer worth living.

This went on for about 2 years. When I turned 16, I had a breakdown. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and hospitalized on a psychiatric ward. This was the worst time of my life, with the exception of my mom passing away. I was alone. Alone in a place I didn't know, people that were suffering from their own issues, and away from my home environment. But, this is why I love Creed: they have given me the inspiration and courage to keep fighting every day. How did that happen? Well, on the ward we were allowed to have 2 cds to listen to. My two cds were My Own Prison and Human Clay. When we would have break time or I had some time to myself, I would play the cds, read the lyrics and just focus on the music. The music took me away from that hospital ward, away from the people around me, away from all of my problems, to a place where I had peace and serenity. Songs like "Whats This Life For" were my biggest inspiration. I know that if Scott and the band could have the strength and courage to get where they are in life, and that my mom was strong enough to do everything she did for us, then I could probably handle things in my life too. That was a turning point for me. Things didn't magically get better, in fact I have struggled greatly over the past few years, but I always know that I can sit down and put a Creed cd on, and have peace and encouragement. That is something that no other band can do for me.

So to Creed: I thank you. Your music reaches far more people, far more deeply than you will probably ever know. It has been a true inspiration for me and without it, I know I wouldn't be here. THAT is why I love Creed.

benkenobi 09-25-2009 05:54 PM

My cousins introduced me to Creed back in 2000, and they cranked up the speakers in the car to blast out the songs on "Human Clay." I had never been much of a fan of music and especially a particular band at this point. I remembered listening to the songs and focusing on the words of the songs. I remember I suddenly had a peace in me I was drawn into the music and the words. Creed opened up my eyes to songwriting and an appreciation for band in their musicianship, and passion to connect with fans and in their music. I realized the words in their songs captured real moments of time and emotion they have felt but they can speak equally well in the lives of others. Following the "Weathered" album release I finally got to live out a dream and go to Nashville and see the band live on my birthday. I also was reading the headlines at the time of the struggles within the band, and was saddened the day I heard the guys had decided to split. I never thought I would see the day for them to reunite. My brother called me one day early this year to give me the news that "Creed was back!" I was ecstatic! My wife and I were married a little over a year ago and she always asked about my old Creed posters and things but I knew she had missed that part in my life when I had followed the band, and she really never understood how much their music meant to me until this year when the guys made up their differences and reunited. My wife saw that I really wanted to go see the band, and I had introduced my brother to Creed many years ago so she bought us tickets to see them in Cincinnati at the end of August this year. It was a dream that I thought I would never get to relive again! Creed opened up my eyes to solid rock musicianship and songs that everyone can relate to in their personal lives and make their own. Thank you Creed for continuing the journey!