CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Post for Peace (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=514)

Dogstar 05-25-2003 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
Spoken as a true peace activist and a realist!  
Though I have days of doubt about the evolution of our species consciousness and heart...I haven't given up hope.  Good things and CHANGE happens (sure, shit happens too, that's life) - many progressive strides have been made and if we look deeper than the front page story or reality tv we can see examples -we can feel movements and hear questioning. Sometimes it's a 'two steps forward and one step backward' process.  

Imagine for a minute…
Its easy if you try.....give peace a chance.

Thank you, souldancer! Well said as usual!

souldancer 05-25-2003 12:12 PM

In times I don't feel peaceful, this song helps get me to that place...

There's a peace inside us all
Life can hold you down
When you're not looking up
Can't you hear the sound?
Hearts beating out loud
Although the names change
Inside we're all the same
Why can't we tear down these walls?
To show the scars we're covering
There's a peace
There's a peace inside us all
Let it be Oh, can't it be your friend?

Sheila63 05-25-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

<b>Beautiful Siana! :angel: &nbsp;

"Let love replace all our hate...." </b>

I love that line you quoted above, souldancer. It's one of my favorites.:) So is the part of Inside Us All that you posted above. It's another favorite of mine because it's so true. Those lines touch my heart and soul.:angel:

Lechium 05-25-2003 10:18 PM

2Sheila63: your avvie scare me...

Siana 05-26-2003 04:06 PM

ohh,really?

JulieCitySlicker 05-26-2003 04:50 PM

Are ya gonna go hide under your bed Lech;) j/k

Siana 05-26-2003 05:22 PM

lol

Sheila63 05-26-2003 06:44 PM

Sorry if my avie pic scares you, Lechium. Your pic has scared me from day one but I've learned to live with it, so I guess we're in the same boat.

Lechium 05-26-2003 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheila63
Sorry if my avie pic scares you, Lechium. &nbsp;Your pic has scared me from day one but I've learned to live with it, so I guess we're in the same boat.

Not at all. Our boats are as different as it gets.
My avvie is funny/theatrical ugly. Your avvie is ugly ugly.
lol

SmEeKy 05-27-2003 04:37 AM

Hey Lech, is the song of ur signature by nine inch nails called "i'm looking forward to joining you, finally"?? And if its not what's it called?

Lechium 05-28-2003 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SmEeKy
<b>Hey Lech, is the song of ur signature by nine inch nails called "i'm looking forward to joining you, finally"?? And if its not what's it called? </b>

You know your music man =)

I'm not 100% sure of spelling, but yeah that's the song (towards the end of Fragile Right CD). I always thought that it is the best NIN song lyricswise.

SmEeKy 05-28-2003 03:46 AM

well I listened to it at a friends house I liked it (sounded good to my ears) so I wanted to make sure the name of it because I wanted to download it :D

whitebird 05-29-2003 02:01 PM

souldancer, as you know is in Florida, meeting with other members of CreedFeed. She has tried to keep this thread going for peace, and has put her heart and soul into it.

I have never been unkind to any one of you, and I'm not now. Please, just try to keep this Post For Peace going pure. It is something very special, and I for one would hate to see it lost.

Please????

Siana 05-30-2003 01:11 PM

Love is like war-easy to start,hard to finish.

JulieCitySlicker 05-30-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Siana
Love is like war-easy to start,hard to finish.
Good one Siana;)

Siana 05-30-2003 02:30 PM

:)

souldancer 05-31-2003 08:31 PM

Peace .....in our hearts - today and always.

JulieCitySlicker 05-31-2003 10:43 PM

Hi there SoulDancer:dancing:

Lechium 06-01-2003 01:39 AM

BTW.
Can you imagine world with no wars, no conflicts, no tensions?
Can you look back into history and see a time period (not a brief one) when that was the case?
It's not possible. Wars are intrisic part of mankind.

The Lithium 06-01-2003 09:03 AM

Yeah Lech, I can see it, and it's fucking beautiful.....Everyone live in there own way, and no one's poor or something like that! It's far away, but it is! In our minds and hearts.....There's a place of love...and no power, no USA, no war, no pain....

whitebird 06-01-2003 09:32 AM

I can imagine a world without wars. You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. If this world is to survive, the people must grow. Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure.

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes.

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.

The Lithium 06-01-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by whitebird
I can imagine a world without wars. You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. If this world is to survive, the people must grow. Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure. &nbsp;

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes. &nbsp;

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.

Can't say it better on myself! Agree is all I can say now! You've get it all!:bow::clap::bow:

Lechium 06-01-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

I can imagine a world without wars. &nbsp;You are right when you say that within history there has never been a time without it, but there is something changing, growing, evolving. &nbsp;If this world is to survive, the people must grow. &nbsp;Technology has grown in leaps and bounds, but our ability to handle what we have created, has not, but I see hope in people, especially the children. &nbsp;I am starting to meet more and more people with dreams for the future, combining spirituality with a natural, inborn connection with the earth.

I find peace in nature, it calms my soul. &nbsp;Our bodies are tied to nature, to the electric fields of the earth, the phases of the moon, we could not survive without the sun, and they are finding out just how important gravity is to our bone structure. &nbsp;

I am not kidding when I say, next time you are stressed out, kick your shoes off and walk barefoot in the grass, or along a shoreline wading in the water, feeling the breeze on you body. &nbsp;The balance of nature will create a balance in your body that calms and soothes. &nbsp;

We need to understand this very simple reality, before we distroy the very thing that gives us life, earth. &nbsp;Peace will follow if we can find this balance within ourselves.

You see, only problem is that people dont really change. hey get more technology and stuff, but human nature remains teh same. And human nature is distructive. As long as people have ambitions, and as long as there is central govornment there will be wars.
Wolrd witout war is a utopia. It is something individual people might want, but is an unreachable goal for the mankind. There will always be wars, and wars are what makes us people (like it or not).
History repetes itself. ALWAYS.

The Lithium 06-01-2003 02:43 PM

Peace....:peace:....Peace

Siana 06-01-2003 05:47 PM

peace....& love :D

whitebird 06-01-2003 06:28 PM

Lechim-Here is where I prove my point. You see, you don't know me. You don't know what I have lived. I have been taken down to my knees, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have known hardship, and experiences that I wouldn't wish on anyone, yet I choose to be who I now am. I have never felt revenge, and bitterness is a choice. As war is a choice, peace is the other option. There is hope, as I know there are others out there like myself. I choose peace.

You are the only one that can make the choice for yourself. Follow history, and prove your point, or make a stand and try to change the world for the better. How brave are you? It may now be the time to decide.

JulieCitySlicker 06-01-2003 06:39 PM

Well said whitebird:angel:

whitebird 06-01-2003 06:43 PM

Thank you Julie.

JulieCitySlicker 06-01-2003 06:44 PM

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Siana 06-01-2003 06:49 PM

Quote:

Thank you Julie.

agree

souldancer 06-03-2003 01:00 AM

<i> The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.
˜ Alice Walker, Pulitzer Prize winning author of "The Color Purple"</i>
Maybe this idea holds true for Peace too. Just a thought.
Our lives are built upon a series of choices...what kind of future do we want to create? I see some beautiful images and hope filling this thread. Yes, I can imagine a world filled with peace.

Dogstar 06-03-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

As war is a choice, peace is the other option. &nbsp;There is hope, as I know there are others out there like myself. &nbsp;I choose peace. &nbsp;

Amen to that, whitebird. You are also so right when you say it has to start inside. You have to find that balance, and I know what you mean about that balance with the earth. We can't live without the sun physically, and in my case emotionally. I can't tell you how basking in a little sunshine lightens my mood, no matter how bad.

There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend.

It's there. We just have to listen to our hearts once in a while.

Sheila63 06-03-2003 02:51 PM

Very well said, Dogstar.:clap: :clap: I totally agree with you.

Dogstar 06-03-2003 04:34 PM

:D. Thanks, Sheila...The connection to nature is so powerful. I really felt it big-time when I went to Alaska a couple of years ago. I think the fact that the area I visited was without the hand of man -- no infrastructure whatsoever -- made it all the more powerful. I felt like a guest in the land of the animals. It was amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, you name it. It's good to unplug like that and listen to what's inside.

Siana 06-03-2003 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheila63
Very well said, Dogstar.:clap: :clap: I totally agree with you.

me 2:P :D

souldancer 06-04-2003 08:41 PM

Ah, thank you Dogstar for the beautiful lines and touching into Nature. I would love to go to the last Frontier of ALaska some time. SOunds like a great iinward and physical adventure. Floating out in the warm gulf coast waters last week - i felt totally supported and serene in the calm, peaceful waters. The waters cleansed and soothed my soul.

Sheila63 06-04-2003 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
:D. Thanks, Sheila...The connection to nature is so powerful. I really felt it big-time when I went to Alaska a couple of years ago. I think the fact that the area I visited was without the hand of man -- no infrastructure whatsoever -- made it all the more powerful. I felt like a guest in the land of the animals. It was amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, you name it. It's good to unplug like that and listen to what's inside.

You're welcome. Alaska is most definitely on my list of places I want to visit. I've got to say that flying for the first time this past weekend and being above the clouds kind of gave me the same feeling. It was so amazing and beautiful!!!

Dogstar 06-04-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

Ah, thank you Dogstar for the beautiful lines and touching into Nature. &nbsp;I would love to go to the last Frontier of ALaska some time. &nbsp;SOunds like a great iinward and physical adventure. Floating out in the warm gulf coast waters last week - i felt totally supported and serene in the calm, peaceful waters. The waters cleansed and soothed my soul.

You are most welcome, souldancer. The ocean has a very healing effect on my mind as well.

whitebird 06-06-2003 11:20 PM

Sheila-63-I think that what you said about flying for the first time and being above the clouds, finding beauty and amazement in the moment to be very refreshing. I think that we take wonderous things for granted. Things that we routinely do or see in this world, are no less amazing than they ever were, it is us that change and become jaded. I like the joy of the moment that you shared.

Having peace in our lives, sometimes we become complacent, and we don't continue to nurture it . We don't realize how beautiful and special it is until it is threated. Then we find our selves, fighting for what we should have cherished. But, in fighting we have lost the battle, as peace has been lost.

Sheila63 06-07-2003 03:22 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words, whitebird.:angel: I do try my best to take in moments like that. I see so much beauty in nature and the world as a whole and I try to focus on that rather than the negative which we hear about way too much. Taking the time to enjoy those moments also renew my spirit and my strength to help me get through the tougher times. I'll definitely treasure those moments seeing the world in a new way.:)