CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Official Football Thread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6621)

aussiecreeder 05-18-2004 08:44 PM

The Official Football Thread

okay this thread is custom built to discuss football! any code you like, soccer, rugby union, rugby league, australian rules football, gaelic football anything!

who do you go for?
who do you hate?
which code is the best?
which code sucks?
what codes don't you understand?

useless piece of trivia no.1

In Australia 2.5 UNIQUE people went and saw an AFL game last year (6 million total out of 20 million people) while 1.5 million saw a game of the next highest code Rugby League. Soccer is a basket case in Australia.......

i'm a big Essendon Bombers Fan, token supporter of Melbourne Storm and Australia in both union and soccer (mostly during the world cup).

PS: American Football is for a bunch of pansies! :D

Higher_Desire 05-19-2004 01:15 AM

who do you go for? Seattle Seahawks; Washington State Cougars
who do you hate? Green Bay Packers; Dallas Cowboys
which code is the best? AMERICAN FOOTBALL!
which code sucks? Any that call what is "soccer" as football
what codes don't you understand? The confusing ones

useless piece of trivia no.1
Don't know the answer.

American Football is for a bunch of pansies! :D
Bite me. How would you feel if a 300 pound dude fell on you, then two teams fell on top of him?

H-D :rockon:

Dani 05-19-2004 04:29 AM

who do you go for? Wallabies, Waratahs ( :( ) Socceroos (seeing them play on friday) Manly Sea Eagles
who do you hate? English Rugby Union Team
which code is the best? Rugby Union
which code sucks? AFL :p just kidding, I don't mind the odd game.
what codes don't you understand? American Football

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 05:27 AM

hey a fellow aussie! :D

boo the english rugby union team....boo johnny wilkinson! :(

AFL the greatest spectator sport known to man! :D where guys jump on other guy's heads to catch the ball....

Dani 05-19-2004 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
hey a fellow aussie! :D

Hi there, yeah unfortunately us Aussie Creed fans are a rare breed :)

Quote:

boo the english rugby union team....boo johnny wilkinson! :(

I still haven't gotten over the fact that we were actually beaten by England at a sporting event ;)

Quote:

AFL the greatest spectator sport known to man! :D where guys jump on other guy's heads to catch the ball

he he You could say something similar with rugby, except of jumping on other guys heads to get the ball, in rugby you just stomp on their heads :D

RMadd 05-19-2004 11:46 AM

who do you go for? St. Louis Rams in NFL, Florida Gators and Mizzou Tigers in NCAA
who do you hate? no one particular in the NFL, FSU 'Noles, Georgia 'Dawgs in NCAA
and that's all that matters. American football isn't for a bunch of pansies. rugby, i'll agree, isn't a pansy sport. but what about soccer? only sport i can think of (with the exception, perhaps, of basketball) where they encourage you to fall if you get hit....

Dogstar 05-19-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
PS: American Football is for a bunch of pansies!

RUBBISH :D ;)....
who do you go for? Super Bowl champion NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!:D
who do you hate? The Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Bills and Packers.
which code is the best? The NFL
which code sucks? Arena Football League
what codes don't you understand? N/A

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollies
Hi there, yeah unfortunately us Aussie Creed fans are a rare breed :)

I still haven't gotten over the fact that we were actually beaten by England at a sporting event ;)

he he You could say something similar with rugby, except of jumping on other guys heads to get the ball, in rugby you just stomp on their heads :D

well there are plenty of creed fans accoridng to aria but not enough going on bulletin boards!

how much did england crow about finally beating us! when they win the ashes then they can talk!

so for the non-aussies who has seen a game of AFL and what do you think of it? why hasen't it taken off because we all know its better then American Football? ;)