CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I heard the album!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9849)

Bridge of Clay 11-02-2005 04:52 PM

I heard the album!!!

:D

Review to come later after the excitement is gone and I post with reason instead of passion.

Just let me say... the clips you heard doesn't do justice to the album.

Broken is awesome, the album ISN'T pop, no rapping... and it's good rock!

The Lithium 11-02-2005 05:37 PM

Hahahah, you told me to lay low a day or two...

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! :D Will be awesome live!

titan9 11-02-2005 05:41 PM

I too have the album now, thanks to a nice guy on PBF. However, I have only listened to Fight Song, and it rocks more than the clip. I plan on listening to the rest of it later.

metalanus 11-02-2005 05:42 PM

please elaborate. so there is no songs about children and crap like that. Is this the stapp from mop or wethered or something new.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalanus
please elaborate. so there is no songs about children and crap like that. Is this the stapp from mop or wethered or something new.

Something new, actually... Stapp pretty much hit the wall after the Creed break-up, and this album is about that, and forgiving.

BROKEN IS GIVING THE CHILLS, MAN!!!

metalanus 11-02-2005 05:54 PM

ah I want to here could some of you atleast go down the tracklist and write decription of each song and the lyrical themes

INDIGOSTEVE 11-02-2005 06:04 PM

you will not be dissaponted! not like creed at all!

metalanus 11-02-2005 06:20 PM

ok well if its not like creed then what is it.

Steve 11-02-2005 06:21 PM

Yea, it's very un-Creed like. I have to give it a listen to again, but it isn't the best thing I've ever heard. A couple of the songs didn't hit me. Perhaps it's one of those "need to listen a few times" or something. There are some very good ones though. I'm going to give a listen again and then post my review later.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-02-2005 06:28 PM

I am on my second listen now~

The Lithium 11-02-2005 06:36 PM

Broken lyrics

I typed down the Broken lyrics... Although the second verse was a bit harder to understand and a few words may be wrong, it at least gives you the right image of the song.

Scott Stapp - Broken
Why are we overcome with fear?
What if I told you that fear isn't real?
Why are we overcome within?
What if I told you, my friends, your doubt
You could live without?

There is a question I want to understand
Why can't everyone tell the truth
And learn to love again?

Do you know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...
Scared and confused...

Yes I know...
One more question, I know time is dead...

Is what the world speaks of love really real?
The answers not of this world, but very clear
Look upon to find love and you found eternal light
Street caught up ??? you've heard before
Friendly advice just gets thrown out the door

There is a question I want to understand
Why can't everyone tell the truth
And learn to love again?

Scared and confused...
Scared and confused...

Yes I know
Yes I know
Yes I know
Yes I know know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...
Yes I know...

Scared and confused...
Yes I know what it feels like to be broken and used?
Scared and confused...

I'm broken
I'm broken
I'm broken
I'm broken

The Lithium 11-02-2005 06:40 PM

Check out the NEW ScottStapp.com

titan9 11-02-2005 06:46 PM

Heh, I saw that. It looks very good. WU always does seem to always do a good design for their artists; too bad they couldn't do just as good of a job on the promotion.

Anyway, the lyrics to Broken look good. I might try to transcribe all the lyrics from the Great Divide album tomorrow, for those interested.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 06:53 PM

Scott talks a lot about Super-Man in his lyrics! :D Interesting...

Justify is like a serious side of Tenacious D's "Tribute". I think the man he met in New Orleans was the devil...

tremonti4life04 11-02-2005 06:54 PM

how do i get the album? it seems like everyone else has it!

titan9 11-02-2005 07:02 PM

PM me and I'll give you a link to it. We aren't permitted to post it on here(for good reason) or else I'd just put the link here.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
PM me and I'll give you a link to it. We aren't permitted to post it on here(for good reason) or else I'd just put the link here.

I just know I'm not allowed to share it, but why? I got it from Marcos and Goran at the same time! :D (Goran is a good friend of mine who also knows Marcos. Marcos gave it to him first.)

EDIT -- Steve just told me why..

titan9 11-02-2005 07:08 PM

Like I said, I got it from a guy on PBF, and full credit goes to him for hooking me up. However, when I give the link, I want a promise that the person DLing will buy the CD. I don't give away CDs like that, because I believe in supporting an artist and buying the CD. No matter what I think of this CD, I will buy it on Nov 22nd because I support Stapp's music.

*Edit* If Steve does not want me to privately PM anyone the link, I will not do so.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-02-2005 07:10 PM

yup after hearing it I will need one for the car, work and home~!

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:11 PM

Actually Will, (Altered), was the first one to download it.

titan9 11-02-2005 07:13 PM

Yeah, Will was the one who gave it to me. I, like you, have no idea who leaked it. But I had a feeling it would leak either this week or next. I just hope that everyone who DLs it buys the CD. We need to support artists by purchasing their CDs.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

I just hope that everyone who DLs it buys the CD. We need to support artists by purchasing their CDs.

That is NOT gonna happen!! The ones who has download it now will problably buy it, but everyone who downloads it won't. As I posted in another theard. Only on the 2 BitTorrents sites ThePiratBay.org and isoHunt.com One Day Remains has been downloaded 24500 times! That's a lot of downloads! And that's only on 2 sites. Imange all the people who have downloaded from other sites or p2p-programs, got a burned CD from their friends, etc, etc...

Creed7352 11-02-2005 07:19 PM

that little "loop" is funny...and even more funny cause some involved were saying they were going to wait till it came out and not download it...LOL!

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
that little "loop" is funny...and even more funny cause some involved were saying they were going to wait till it came out and not download it...LOL!

I never wait until it's released, I ALWAYS download the leaked versions! :D

titan9 11-02-2005 07:20 PM

Yeah, I know the reality is that not everyone who DLs it will buy it. But I'd like to see the majority buy it, because record sales are very important to an artist, obviously.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I know the reality is that not everyone who DLs it will buy it. But I'd like to see the majority buy it, because record sales are very important to an artist, obviously.

Sadly, I think the majority of the ones who has ODR downloaded it. Hope that doesn't happen to their next record!

titan9 11-02-2005 07:24 PM

Yeah, as much as I like to hear an album in advance, I kinda wish they wouldn't leak so that the artist would get more sales.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Yeah, as much as I like to hear an album in advance, I kinda wish they wouldn't leak so that the artist would get more sales.

Well yeah, but I've discovered A LOT of great bands by downloading their music. It's really a gift to the people, but a crime to the artists.

Tremontixriffs 11-02-2005 07:30 PM

I must say that this cd totally caught me off guard...in a good way.I think its interesting because it gives us another version of what happened between Scott and Mark. I like it alot there are some really good rock songs on it.How do you compare it to one day remains as far froma record selling and sound standpoint.

titan9 11-02-2005 07:31 PM

But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.

I'm on my 8th track of TGD right now. It rocks! I pretty much second what everyone else says. Broken is an amazing, beautiful song. So far, this CD has not let me down.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.

If I would buy every CD I download I would spend way more money than I make. I download music and albums all the time! Actually, I am one of those who downloads everything, besides from band I really care for, which means: Alter Bridge, Creed, Submersed, The Mayfield Four and now Scott Stapp. That's about it... I know it's bad 'cause you don't support the bands, but I try to support them by going to their shows instead. Which I could never afford if I didn't download their music. And if I buy a CD, the first thing I do is to pop it into my puter and rip it up to my harddrive. Then I listen to it through my computer and my iPod. I use my computer as my stereo, since I have kicking speakers on it. And hardly ever even listen to the record...

Since Monday, (today it's Wednesday), I have downloaded 3 albums.

-Shinedown - Us And Them
-Default - One Thing Remains
-Scott Stapp - The Great Divide

And the only CD I will buy out of those 3 is, of course, The Great Divide. (Which is very unusual). It's not that I don't enjoy the music, it's really good, but I'm too used to download what the heck I want before its release. If I should start to buy everything I could never afford the things I can afford now. Couple of things I've downloaded:

-All the 10 Friends seasons
-The first season of Friends spin-off; Joey, and all the aired episodes of the second one
-All the episodes of a swedish show called "Hey Baberiba"
-A bunch of movies, the last one was "Hostage" in DVD quality
-A lot of cool concert DVDs, like Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Alter Bridge, etc
-Games like Quake 4, GTA San Andreas, GTA III, NHL 2005, Need For Speed: Underground 2 and Max Payne 2
-Cool programs like Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Sony Vegas, etc, etc
-And about one album a week, I guess. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But the thing is I can get all these albums in CD quality weeks or maybe a month before its release

And that's just a couple of things... You see, it's really hard to resist! :D

Creed7352 11-02-2005 08:29 PM

the beginning to sublime reminds me of collective soul.

let me go sort of has that WGMB feel to it...with a bit of a driving drum line in the back...reminds me of FM and WGMB mixed.

geletmote 11-02-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Something new, actually... Stapp pretty much hit the wall after the Creed break-up, and this album is about that, and forgiving.

BROKEN IS GIVING THE CHILLS, MAN!!!

For once youve said sumthing I agree with...

The Lithium 11-02-2005 08:39 PM

Hah, amen to that, brother! :D It's good we agree about Stapp, then! ;)

Bridge of Clay 11-02-2005 08:41 PM

Seb, you talk too much...

titan9 11-02-2005 08:43 PM

I take back what I said. I haven't bought every single album I've DLed, only the ones that I have listened to more than once. For instance, I DLed the latest Saliva CD, hated it, and immediately got rid of it. I thought it'd be as good as their 3rd(or was it their 2nd) CD, but it just sucked. When I hate an album, I will not buy it. When I think the album is decent, I will buy it, out of respect for the artist. I buy a lot of CDs, but thankfully I have enough money to do so. Doesn't hurt that most of the time, the CDs are 9.99 or less. :D I do realize, however, that not everyone who DLs a CD can afford to buy it right away. Some CDs are ridiculously priced(like, for instance, the first Sanctus Real CD, which I bought at a local Christian store because no one else had it. That cost me 17 dollars. I wasn't thrilled, but because the music was so good, I was willing to fork over some extra money) so it makes it hard for people who are on a budget to buy those.

Bridge of Clay 11-02-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Hahahah, you told me to lay low a day or two...

But it's ture what Marcos says! The album exceeded my expectations. He's voice sounds good, besides from "Reach Out". It's really good! - Yes, I heard it too. It's much heavier than I thought! And oh yes, Broken is awesome! True Michael Jacksson-ballad-singing-along-feeling! :D Will be awesome live!

I said I had heard it not that I had a link for it. The link was supposed to... ( hold on a bit... and by that I mean going publically on boards)

Tremontixriffs 11-02-2005 08:47 PM

The Hard way

Quote:

Hah, amen to that, brother! :D It's good we agree about Stapp, then! ;)

Dud I just got listening to the hard way what as song killer guitar and really hard, what a change!

HuMaN~ClAy 11-02-2005 09:06 PM

well i just listened to it... and wow, a lot better than what i was expecting... gonna need to listen to it a few more times yet to get a good opinion about it tho. but i will say that broken didn't hit me as hard as some of you guys... but i did really liked justify!

titan9 11-02-2005 09:09 PM

"Justify" is an awesome song. I didn't know if I'd like the blend of talking/singing in that song, but it's pretty good. Like you, I need to listen to it a few more times(I'm planning on listening once more tonight) to form a real opinion on it. Right now, my initial rating would be around an 8 or a 9.