CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   alter bridge covers zeppelin (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7926)

aussiecreeder 11-13-2004 05:50 AM

alter bridge covers zeppelin

gotta go guys but AB has coverd zep's "rock and roll" and i'm told myles nailed his plant impersonation. back later......

Steve 11-13-2004 11:30 AM

Yup, the performance was awsome. The apparently debuted the song in Des Moines, IA but screwed it up towards the end. They pretty much nailed it in Green Bay though (the show I was at). I guess Flip told some people he thought he screwed up the intro though.

evyllsummer 11-13-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I guess Flip told some people he thought he screwed up the intro though.

Bonham's stuff is always the toughest thing to cover cos he was so damn good...would have loved to hear Flip take a run at it, though...

Torn Daredevil 11-13-2004 12:57 PM

DAMN, I need to hear this!

Higher_Desire 11-13-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
DAMN, I need to hear this!

Me too!!!

H-D :pimp:

Dogstar 11-13-2004 05:35 PM

Me Three!

RMadd 11-13-2004 06:09 PM

Me four!!!!!!!!!!! LZ kicks ass, and I could see Myles doing an awesome Plant!

jango 11-13-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
Bonham's stuff is always the toughest thing to cover cos he was so damn good...would have loved to hear Flip take a run at it, though...

Jack Irons could do it.

SaveMe 11-13-2004 10:19 PM

Plant????? what are some good LZ songs.... btw LZ before my time

Dogstar 11-13-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaveMe
Plant????? what are some good LZ songs.... btw LZ before my time

Robert Plant, yes...Go get Zep's first four albums. You will not be disappointed. My personal favorites are II and IV. That should give you a great start.

evyllsummer 11-13-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Robert Plant, yes...Go get Zep's first four albums. You will not be disappointed. My personal favorites are II and IV. That should give you a great start.

exactly, DS, or, if you wanna be economical, get that 2 disc early days/latter days set...a lot of their good ones (not all, but a lot) are on that collection, and it's rather affordable...hated that it didn't have "Misty Mountain Hop" on it, though, cos I actually had to get IV to get that song...

Dogstar 11-13-2004 11:58 PM

IV rules...That one edges II out in my top Zep albums :D.

fluttergirl 11-14-2004 01:12 AM

lol
LZ was way before my time
but im in love with them.....
i need to hear this, is there anywhere that there is a download or sumthin?

Dogstar 11-14-2004 02:35 AM

I dunno. I'm hoping one shows up :D...Heh, I love a lot of stuff that was before my time, too. I've turned my nephews on to Zep, Hendrix, all the stuff I grew up listening to. It's still some of the best rock ever :D. My nephew bought a Pink Floyd shirt last week. I was such a proud auntie, heheh.

DekWannaBFlea 11-14-2004 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
IV rules...That one edges II out in my top Zep albums :D.

IV is there best over all. IV is the most rock oriented.

Zeppelin was way before my time but i still listen to it. Explore past music, it owns too!

Yes, Hendrix, The moody blues, Ac/DC, Guns N Roses, Soundgarden, The police, 3 dog night, Black Sabbeth, Rush, Dream theater, ZZ top, all great stuff! :D