CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Being Sued By Promoter (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13427)

Dark_Knight 01-20-2011 05:16 AM

Creed Being Sued By Promoter

Drama.:/

Creed sued by Birmingham concert promoter over no-show reunion tour

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2011...ham_conce.html
Quote:

A big metro area concert promoter has said in a lawsuit that rock band Creed didn't live up to its end of a 2009 reunion tour, after millions were spent on promotional costs.

Red Mountain Entertainment, the company that built the Oak Mountain Amphitheater, said so in a suit filed late last month in U.S. District Court in Birmingham. The company, which handles concert promotion for acts such as Kenny Chesney and Kid Rock, says it is out more than $2.7 million, after spending on advertising and concert hall bookings for the Orlando-based band.

Problem is, the suit says, was that Creed didn't secure high-profile promotional gigs needed to drive traffic to the shows. The band, the suit says, promised to land bookings on television programs such as "The Late Show with David Letterman," "The Tonight Show" and the "Today" show.

"The 'big looks' were critical to plaintiffs decision to consider promoting Creed's tour," the suit says. "Without a commitment for 'big looks,' plaintiffs would not consider the promotion of the Reunion Tour."

Attempts to reach officials with Creed were unsuccessful. Attempts to contact lawyers for Red Mountain Entertainment also were unsuccessful.

Red Mountain Entertainment, which also promotes and produces festivals such as the Schaeffer Eye Center Crawfish Boil, said in the suit that deception ran deep in the camp of the group that performed hits such as "With Arms Wide Open."

The band, the suit says, knew at the time it agreed to the tour contract that it was prohibited by its record company from performing old hits on major network television shows to promote reunion shows.

"Only recently did plaintiffs learn of this deceitful and intentional misrepresentation," the suit says.

The suit alleges fraud, misrepresentation and other business misconduct that Red Entertainment said cost it at least $2.7 million in improper expenses and lost profits. The company has asked for a trial by jury.

nagpo 01-21-2011 01:20 PM

Re: Creed Being Sued By Promoter

Suing creed never works.

Dogstar 01-21-2011 05:59 PM

LOL, nagpo. I don't understand their being prohibited from playing older hits on TV. You would think that would help with something like a reunion tour. I guess they want people to buy the newer stuff. Still, it was a reunion tour, and one would have to expect old hits to be played.

Inspired 01-22-2011 07:23 PM

The band played Higher on one of the last night shows so I guess they were not "prohibited by its record company from performing old hits on major network television shows to promote reunion shows." So stupid.

What's even stupider is that it cost 2.7 million just in advertising and booking. I know how accurate that number is.

Dogstar 01-25-2011 01:18 PM

Yeah, that's insane.

TremontiFreak 01-25-2011 03:18 PM

I was at the Birmingham show and someone sure as hell dropped the ball on promotion for the concert. It had to have been to smallest crowd of the entire tour in 09'.

My Sacrifice 01-25-2011 04:28 PM

Yeah, their promotion is terrible. What else is new.

TrulyAmazing 01-25-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, that's insane.

:) yes indeed, as long as stabilty comes, which normally follows the insane,